How to link two AC1750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabite Router [Archer C7 V2.0]

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-02-13 23:47:14
Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : MOVISTAR optical fiber Amper EG-663

Hello, how are you?.

I write to ask if someone please can tell me how to connect two TPLinks [Archer AC1750 - C7 V2.0] in cascaded mode to enjoy Internet access and maintain DHCP on all computers, Printers and Mobile Devices.

My Internet service provider is Movistar (Fusión TV) through the Amper EG-663 (192.168.1.1 / 255.255.255.0).
My objective is to be able to enjoy Internet access in any of the TPLinks and maintain the DHCP assignment dynamic IP's.

Around each TPLink I have several computers, printers and mobile devices (tablet, smartphone, iphone, Mac, windows, ... etc).
For the WIFI signal, I just only need a SSID for family use, another for work and another for guests in 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz (why not?).

I get a little lost with the web configuration of the TPLinks and the network cables I have connected.
If someone can provide me please a schema for architecture/cartography, I can do it without problem, sure ;)

In any case, many thanks in advance for your help and time spent reading this email.
Ignacio
Options
2 Reply
Re:How to link two AC1750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabite Router [Archer C7 V2.0]
2017-02-15 15:00:48
If you want to connect the two Archer C7 with an Ethernet cable, just set up one of the C7 router as an access point (AP), and the other as router by default.
Topology: Internet ----- ISP modem ----- (WAN)Router(LAN) ----- (LAN)AP
For how to, please follow the FAQ link below:
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-417.html

If you want to connect the two Archer C7 wirelessly, just configure one of the C7 to bridge with the other one via WDS bridging function.
Topology: Internet ----- ISP modem ------ (WAN)C7 ))))) WDS ((((( C7
For how to, please follow the FAQ link below:
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-440.html
Options
Re:How to link two AC1750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabite Router [Archer C7 V2.0]
2017-02-22 01:19:38
Hello again, finally i connected the two Archer C7 with an Ethernet cable, one of the C7 router as an access point (AP), and the other as router by default.
Everything worked correctly following your instructions.(great)!.

If I may ask one last question: The second TPLink that has DHCP disabled (for the first TPLink to assign dynamic IPs),
Can I enable DHCP in this second TPLink in a different range of the first TPLink (192.168.0.100 - 192.168.0.199) ?

Thank you again for your time and support.
BR, I.Salís
Options