Link two TL-WA850RE range extenders

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-02-18 03:48:48
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello Everyone,

Is it possible to connect one TL-WA850RE range extender to another using wireless technology for more coverage?
If this is possible, could you guide me on how I could do it?
Thank you so much.

Regards

Alejandro
Options
2 Reply
Re:Link two TL-WA850RE range extenders
2017-02-20 02:46:34
Yes, it is possible, where is your problem? Very important is to know wireless mac address from main repeater or set up another SSID on this main repeater.
Options
Re:Link two TL-WA850RE range extenders
2017-02-23 19:21:15
Hello,

I have bought two TL-WA850RE(EU) Range Extenders in order to expand my wifi coverage at home.

I have configured the first repeater (let's call it "Repeater 1") to get the wifi signal from my ISP's Modem/Router (Speedport W 724V Type Ci) and re-transmit it.
Repeater 1 gets the signal from the correct router (I checked the MAC Address of the router).
This works just fine.
The problems occur in the next step.

I am trying to connect the second repeater (let's call it "Repeater 2"), and configure it to get the signal from Repeater 1 and re-transmit it again.
This results in my devices (smartphones, laptops, tablets etc) not connecting to Repeater 2, or in some cases connect with no internet connection.

DHCP on the main (ISP) router is set to ON (there are also options for Off and Relay - which I don't know what it is). And the router's ip is set static to 192.168.1.1.
DHCP on Repeater 1 is set to Off (there are also options On and Auto) and the ip address is static set to 192.168.1.2.
DHCP on Repeater 2 is also set to Off and has also a static ip to 192.168.1.3.

I have tried setting one of the repeaters DHCP setting to On and Auto, as well as on both of them. No combination seems to work for me.

So, is it possible to connect two repeaters to each other? And if so, how can I achieve this and what are the appropriate settings?

Just to be clear, I am trying to get the signal from my router to Repeater 1 and then get the signal from Repeater 1 and transmit it with Repeater 2.
It's a multi-floor house.

Another thing to mention is that if I get to achieve a connection from my devices to Repeater 2, the same device seems to get different ip simultaneously. My iphone for example got 192.168.1.23, 192.168.1.25 and 192.168.1.30, according to the web interface of my ISP's router under connected devices...

Keep in mind that I also tried using the same as well as different SSID names for both repeaters. Router was "OTE-internet", Repeater 1 was "OTE-internet" or "OTE-extender" and Repeater 2 was "OTE-internet" or "OTE-extender2". Again, no combination seemed to work.

Any thoughts??
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2044

Replies: 2

Related Articles