Archer C9 weak range

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C9 weak range

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer C9 weak range
Archer C9 weak range
2017-02-23 03:50:17
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi everyone,
I bought yesterday an Archer C9 (v3) and am really unhappy with its range. I had a TPLink WDR4300 and had some problems with its range (on 2.4GHz), and fixed it by buying 3 9dB antennas and updating its firmware (to op3nwrt), but the 5GHz coverage was bad, so after much reading, everyone was telling Archer C9 is the definitive solution. So far, I am on the same room as I was with the older and the signal is weaker. I tried putting my 9dB antennas and still not much better.
I then installed Acrylic Wi-Fi Home to monitor what was going on, and have a surprise: whenever I switch channel (I tested all 13 channels for 2.4GHz, I have during about 5 seconds a much stronger signal then it goes down by about 10 units.
The best channel here is 4. I tried with different signal power values, but still have a poor signal.
Any clues ??? Firmware version 1.3.0 build 20161018.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C9 weak range
2017-02-24 19:45:27
i must say i saw the same problem
i have also c9 v3 and the signal is weaker than a netis wf2780 (i have the latest firmware 1.3.0)
maybe an future update will resolve this problem
Options
Re:Archer C9 weak range
2017-02-24 21:58:47
Ok, I just read this:

Transmitted Power:
CE:
<20dBm(2.4GHz)
<23dBm(5GHz)
FCC:
<30dBm

I guess there is seomthing on the firmware and not on the hardware. How can I raise the power to match FCC restrictions and not CE (where I do not live) ? Any simple way ? Is there a need to go for an alternate firmware (us firmware version for example) ????
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1095

Replies: 2

Related Articles