Archer C2600 - Unable to log in to management UI (UK Firmware)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-02-23 05:55:04
Model : Archer C2600

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version : v1.0 UK

ISP : Zen Internet (UK)

Hi,

I have an issue where I am unable to log in to the management UI on my Archer C2600. I had only recently purchased it and noticed the issue, so sent it back for a replacement, and the replacement has the exact same issue. The current presentation of the issue is as follows:

When the router is completely unconfigured (following a factory reset) I can log in and perform the initial set-up functionality. Once that is set up though, it appears as if the connection "times out" within maybe 10 or 15 seconds. I can move between pages in the management UI but all values for information in the management UI are empty, and I am unable to perform any functionality (such as rebooting the router) through the management UI. Once I log out, it is then impossible to log back in. I have tried this with two different Archer C2600s, with two different machines and across three different browsers and can't log in on any of them.

When attempting to log in I receive a HTTP 500 back and the following error message:

[CODE]
/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:459: Failed to execute call dispatcher target for entry '/login'.
The called action terminated with an exception:
/usr/lib/lua/luci/controller/login.lua:85: lan mac is nil!
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'assert'
/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:459: in function 'dispatch'
/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:196: in function

[/CODE]

I have seen a number of these complaints on the forum and the response seems to be to upgrade the firmware. However, being unable to log in, and considering that this issue affects the router within seconds of finalising the initial set-up, there is no possible way of upgrading the firmware myself. Not to mention that, whilst the US version of the firmware mentions this bug fix, the UK version does not, so I am not even sure that upgrading the firmware will fix the issue.

What can I do to resolve this?

Thanks in advance,
Adam.
Options
7 Reply
Re:Archer C2600 - Unable to log in to management UI (UK Firmware)
2017-02-24 16:14:19
Could you login after you reboot the router?
Options
2017-02-24 19:07:48
No. Only after a factory reset.
Options
2017-03-07 21:00:41
Anything further with this?
Options
2017-03-14 16:38:56
Is that it then? Am I just going to be ignored?
Options
Archer C9
2017-03-14 20:34:34
Having a similar problem and am seemingly also being ignored. I do have an open support case. TPLINK SUPPORT #310093
Options
2017-03-15 14:57:25

thehollyhopdrive wrote

Is that it then? Am I just going to be ignored?

It's recommended to submit a ticket on tplink's ticket system so that someone in HQ could handle your case.
http://ticket.tp-link.com
Options
2020-06-29 14:27:00
Years later and I'm still receiving the same issue. You ever find a fix for this? Requires a restart nearly daily for the last year, cant login to UI until it reboots.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1030

Replies: 7

Related Articles