WiFi Limited can't connect to the internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-02-25 22:19:32
Model : TL-WR810N

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I'm using a TL-WR810N as a repeater for i my house. However even if the quick setup procedure works fine and the repeater connects to my main router, when I'm connected to the repeater wifi signal i get an exclamation mark on the wifi icon of my android device, on my laptop instead windows says that the wifi is "limited".
I can't connect to the internet, if I go to the opposite side of the house where the main router signal is stronger I can connect to the internet.

What's wrong and how can I investigate the issue?
Options
3 Reply
Re:WiFi Limited can't connect to the internet
2017-02-26 00:12:38
Model of your main router? Sometimes repeater doesn't support DHCP Server from router. My solution is switch on DHCP Server on the repeater with gateway from main router.
Options
2017-02-26 01:10:19

jimasek wrote

Model of your main router? Sometimes repeater doesn't support DHCP Server from router. My solution is switch on DHCP Server on the repeater with gateway from main router.

I'll try as you suggested. I don't know the model of the main rounter since it's branded and provided by my ISP, even the admin panel has no infos about the manufacturer.
Options
2017-03-03 17:28:05
May be misconfiguration repeater, switch on DHCP Server on the repeater ?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 593

Replies: 3

Related Articles