My computer cannot connect to TP-LINK Wi-Fi router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-03-07 20:02:51
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

[SIZE=3][/SIZE] Hi,
I own HP Pavilion dv6-1330ev Notebook PC running on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. The serial number of this notebook is CNF9414LZN. The model of my computer wireless adapter is Intel (R) WiFi Link 1000 BGN. My Wi-Fi wireless router is TP-LINK, Model: TL-WR841N(PL), S/N: 2163114006147.
Suddenly, my computer doesn't want to connect to my Wi-Fi router anymore. My computer can connect to another router that is located at my university successfully without any problems. Sometimes, it connects to my home TP-LINK router then disconnects again, but most of the time it doesn't want to connect giving me this message "Unable to connect to this network".
My internet topology is very simple, I have an ethernet cable provided by the ISP and it's connected to the Wi-Fi slot in my router.
I have tried many things. I have switched my router off for almost 30 minutes then switched it on many times, but still can't connect to it. Putting in mind that my iPhone can connect to it with no problems.
I disabled and enabled the computer adapter many times from device manager and from network and sharing center. I uninstalled and reinstalled the computer adapter driver many times using the “scan for hardware changes” option in device manager and downloaded the latest driver version from HP website. I updated the driver from device manager and it said I am running the latest version. I disabled Windows firewall, uninstalled my anti-virus, reinstalled the computer wireless adapter driver again and nothing happened. I checked the settings for my wireless adapter under power options and it's set to "Maximum Performance" for both "Plugged in" and "On battery". I checked the properties of my wireless adapter, unticked the option "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" from power management, and made sure that the transmit power in the advanced tab is set to "5" which is the highest. Just to mention, when I connect the ethernet cable to my computer it works fine and I receive the internet.
Could you please tell me how can I solve this problem?
Your soonest response is highly appreciated.
Regards,
Sami
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 725

Replies: 0

Related Articles