Archer C2 v1 wifi range

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C2 v1 wifi range

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer C2 v1 wifi range
Archer C2 v1 wifi range
2017-03-09 00:44:37
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

hello all,

So I've had this Archer C2 router for some time now and my wifi connection never has been really good. Recently I started doing some speedtests with my laptop related to the distance from the router and these are the average results that I found (with 2.4 gHz).
Note that I've done my tests in an open room with no obstructions between the router and my laptop.

Ethernet cable in the router: 160 Mbps down - 15 Mbps up

1m from the router, 90 Mbps down - 15 Mbps up

2m from the router, 70 Mbps down - 15 Mbps up

3m from the router, 50 Mbps down - 15 Mbps up

4m from the router, 40 Mbps down - 12 Mbps up

5m from the router, 30 Mbps down - 12 Mbps up

and so on....

When there is a thin wall in between the router (2m between laptop an it even drops to 2 - 10 Mbps. This mostly means that I can only use the internet with decent speeds in the same room as my router. On the first floor i get around 0,5 mb/s so it's almost useless there
I've tested this multiple times throughout the week, at different times and used different channels and these are the average results.
I did the same tests with an 8 year old much smaller and cheaper router and I'm getting much better results with this router.
I also checked all the steps on this website to improve the internet speed but nothing helped.

So now I'm wondering if these speeds are normal for this router or:

Do I have a defect router?
Is this router simply not that good?
Does an update to the latest firmwire help?
Or might there be any other problem that helps with the speed?

Thanks in advance for your answers

Yannick
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 426

Replies: 1

Related Articles