Archer C7 V2 speed problem on lan connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-03-10 20:44:38
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi, like many other person who have the C7 router, i have speed problem. I will try my best to be as clear as i could since English is not my first language and computer is not my cup of tea neather! Here is my problem. Last weekend, i 've been upgrade from my ISI from 30mbps to 120mbps. The tech came to my house, change the modem so this new one is capable of greater speed....Test the speed on wifi...and everything seem to be ok. Had 130mbps on 5g and 70mbps on 2.4g. At that point, i was happy.
Later that day, i decided to check the speed download on my other devices witch are all 3 wire via the lan connections on the same router. To my surprise, they were not at all at the same speed! I got 2 Android tv boxes and a PS4 hard wire. At first i tought that simply the 2 android device were not capable of handling such speed since the cpu on those device are not that great, then i decided to try with a lap top on the same lan wire, still on the lan, about same result! Remember, i'm still talking about hard wiring devices on the router...Wifi is working perfectly. Then i called the my internet supplier, thinking that i had a bad modem. They aked me to try to wire one of my android boxe directly on their modem and perform a speedtest once more. Wow! Got 92mbps......Now i was confused! Always tought that hard wire was the best way of connecting a device to the internet. Then i ask a shop to test my C7 router, to check if the're was a problem with it, they says that they test it on there 250mbps network and it perform nice on the hard wire connection. Re-call the internet company, they send a tech, said the network is fine, with the test they perform on wifi, they reach all the speed i suscribe for...Ouf! So i start to look on the web, ending here, saw many similar posts, but never see a clear answer.....What is the problem? I saw some say didable the Bat option, other say don't. I'm confused and frustraded! I know i don't have the latest firmware, i check on the admin home page, i will upgrade. So what i must do to solve the problem? please help me!. Thank you. Have a nice day
Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer C7 V2 speed problem on lan connection
2017-03-12 05:46:39
hi everyone. My wife just install the latest firmware this morning. Re-test all the Wireless and the 3 lan connections, here is the result. The Wireless, 5g stays the same, i did not have issue with it anyway. The 2.4G seem to be much more stable..at least for now. Meanwhile, lan connections on both android devices still suck! Ps4 is ok, as always. So i try this, disconnect the PS4 from the router, perform a speed test on the 2 Android, and had no gain at all. Try Anroid box on the basement near the router on wifi 2.4G. and this time i got good result on speed test, about 50mbps. So as i said, seem to stabilize the 2.4G wifi frequency but no better result on lan. I've notice somehow this, when i perform a speedtest on lan connection, there is a short peek on the 80mbps zone, then drops on the 20-25mbps area.... I'm about to open the window, and throw it on the snowbank:mad:,,,,Somebody , please help!
Options
2017-03-13 15:39:28
What type of ethernet cable are you using? Regular Cat5 is only rated for 10/100, not gigabit 10/100/1000. For fast speeds you need at least Cat5e, which is 10/100/1000, or cat6 cable.
Options
2017-03-13 19:01:57
Hi, there are some people with some similar problem... there is a beta version of Archer C7 V2 , try get it , and post if solved your problem. To get the beta firmware ask the " Contact Technical Suport - email. "
Options
Thank toi but...
2017-03-14 02:45:53
Thank you but i older another router....
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1077

Replies: 4

Related Articles