Archer T1U OSX Sierra 10.12.3 Driver?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-03-19 18:53:21
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Any word on when there will be a OSX Sierra 10.12 driver for the Archer T1U nano ac usb wifi dongle
Options
14 Reply
Re:Archer T1U OSX Sierra 10.12.3 Driver?
2017-03-23 10:56:51
not ready yet
Options
2017-03-28 22:36:07
This is a joke. I've been waiting patiently for months now, as many of us have, but my patience is at an end. I bought this product because it was advertised to support both Linux and macOS. You support neither of them, just old deprecated versions from over a year ago. Please serve your costumers. Get a driver out ASAP.
Options
2017-04-07 15:33:29
Hello,

Do we have an update and date for the release of the drivers?

Thanks,
Options
Any news here? Why is this taking so long?
2017-05-07 05:42:46
This is getting ridiculous. I've been waiting for a driver update since December. It's now May. No news. No updates. Not even a clue as to when the driver will be ready. Can you please help us? Remember, we BOUGHT your product and just want it to work. Please don't treat your customers like this.
Options
Bad customer service
2017-05-07 19:31:35
For information they never respond to any emails I sent to them. So I have bought a new one Edimax 11n 150M 1T1R Wirelss NAN.
Much cheaper and it is working perfectly. TP link I guess you have not read anything about customer service!
Options
2017-06-06 22:58:52
I have this functioning in Sierra 10.12.5. I don't assume responsibility if you follow these instructions but they are provided in good faith.

Inspired by this post: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/522-mediatek-mt7610u-mt7612u-kext-and-network-utility-sierra-working/

Steps:

1. Download http://static.tp-link.com/Archer%20T1U(US)_V1_161223_Mac.zip

2. The zipfile does not extract for me easily using command-line unzip or the Finder built-in so do this in Terminal.app:
[/FONT][FONT=arial]unzip Archer\ T1U\(US\)_V1_161223_Mac.zip Archer_T1U\(US\)_V1_161223/TP-LINK_Installer.dmg

3. Double-click TP-LINK_Installer.dmg in Finder

4. Copy Installer.pkg to somewhere on your HDD

5. In Terminal.app:
$ pkgutil --expand Installer.pkg InstallerContents
[/FONT][FONT=arial]$ cd InstallerContents/
[/FONT][FONT=arial]$ ls
[/FONT][FONT=arial]Distribution Resources rt2870resources.pkg
[/FONT][FONT=arial]$ cd rt2870resources.pkg/
[/FONT][FONT=arial]$ ls
[/FONT][FONT=arial]Bom PackageInfo Payload Scripts
[/FONT][FONT=arial]$ file Payload
[/FONT][FONT=arial]Payload: gzip compressed data, from Unix
[/FONT][FONT=arial]$ mv Payload Payload.gz
[/FONT][FONT=arial]$ gunzip Payload.gz
[/FONT][FONT=arial]$ file Payload
[/FONT][FONT=arial]Payload: ASCII cpio archive (pre-SVR4 or odc)
[/FONT][FONT=arial]$ cpio -i < Payload
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]39362 blocks
$ ls
API Driver PackageInfo Scripts
Bom Other Payload UI
$ cd Driver/
$ ls
EICapitan Lion MountainLion Yosemite
Leopard Mavericks SnowLeopard
$ cd EICapitan/
$ ls
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext

Follow these instructions to install that specific kext: http://osxdaily.com/2012/01/12/how-to-manually-install-kernel-extensions-in-mac-os-x/

Once restarted, remount the TP-LINK_Installer.dmg and run the Installer.pkg inside it like you normally would. Restart again. When you log in with this user, the Wireless Utility should start up and you can select your Wireless SSID and connect. Done!

I have found for other users you need to set up the Wireless Utility that was installed in /Applications/TP-LINK Wireless Utility as a login item under System Settings > Users & Groups > (User) > Login Items.

Hope that helps!
Options
2017-08-19 05:43:42
Thanks deathanddrek - confirmed working for me in Sierra 10.12.5.

Actually confirmation of working was premature - I can see connections in the Wireless Utility but not connect to them.
Options
2017-09-05 13:38:54
developer, or sales marketing, manager or supervisor. What ever the hell your possitions are. Can you pls solved this issue about the ( ac450 wireless nano usb adapter. Model no: Archer t1u) running on mac os sierra 10.12.x we have an issue after installing this device on my computer 10.12.x its not recognizing or i would say totally dead. Can you make an update about this product! We been waiting for so long but you have done nothing.
Options
2017-09-13 12:29:28

deathanddrek wrote

I have this functioning in Sierra 10.12.5. I don't assume responsibility if you follow these instructions but they are provided in good faith.

Inspired by this post: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/522-mediatek-mt7610u-mt7612u-kext-and-network-utility-sierra-working/

Steps:

1. Download http://static.tp-link.com/Archer T1U(US)_V1_161223_Mac.zip

2. The zipfile does not extract for me easily using command-line unzip or the Finder built-in so do this in Terminal.app:
unzip Archer\ T1U\(US\)_V1_161223_Mac.zip Archer_T1U\(US\)_V1_161223/TP-LINK_Installer.dmg

5. In Terminal.app:

$ cd InstallerContents/
$ ls
Distribution Resources rt2870resources.pkg
$ cd rt2870resources.pkg/
$ ls
Bom PackageInfo Payload Scripts
$ file Payload
Payload: gzip compressed data, from Unix
$ mv Payload Payload.gz
$ gunzip Payload.gz
$ file Payload
Payload: ASCII cpio archive (pre-SVR4 or odc)
$ cpio -i < Payload

39362 blocks
$ ls
Bom Other Payload UI
$ cd Driver/
$ ls
$ cd EICapitan/
$ ls

RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext

Follow these instructions to install that specific kext: http://osxdaily.com/2012/01/12/how-to-manually-install-kernel-extensions-in-mac-os-x/

Once restarted, remount the TP-LINK_Installer.dmg and run the Installer.pkg inside it like you normally would. Restart again. When you log in with this user, the Wireless Utility should start up and you can select your Wireless SSID and connect. Done!

I have found for other users you need to set up the Wireless Utility that was installed in /Applications/TP-LINK Wireless Utility as a login item under System Settings > Users & Groups > (User) > Login Items.

Hope that helps!

thank bro
Options
2017-10-16 05:54:02

deathanddrek wrote

Steps:

1. Download http://static.tp-link.com/Archer T1U(US)_V1_161223_Mac.zip

unzip Archer\ T1U\(US\)_V1_161223_Mac.zip Archer_T1U\(US\)_V1_161223/TP-LINK_Installer.dmg

5. In Terminal.app:

$ cd InstallerContents/
$ ls
Distribution Resources rt2870resources.pkg
$ cd rt2870resources.pkg/
$ ls
Bom PackageInfo Payload Scripts
$ file Payload
Payload: gzip compressed data, from Unix
$ mv Payload Payload.gz
$ gunzip Payload.gz
$ file Payload
Payload: ASCII cpio archive (pre-SVR4 or odc)
$ cpio -i < Payload

39362 blocks
$ ls
Bom Other Payload UI
$ cd Driver/
$ ls
$ cd EICapitan/
$ ls

RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext

Hope that helps!

Thanks a lot for this! This works perfectly on a hackintosh running Sierra 10.12.6. I installed the extension in /Library/Extensions instead of /System/Library/Extensions. It still works though.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1517

Replies: 14