New C7 Archer, unable to log in to management interface after changing router IP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

New C7 Archer, unable to log in to management interface after changing router IP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-03-21 20:28:18
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I set up my C7 yesterday to replace an old router. Most of my home network is on static IP addresses following 192.168.1.x for the IP range. In order to avoid having to remap my static devices, I changed the router from 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.1.1.

After applying this change and rebooting, I found that the router would completely refuse to let me log into the management screen. It no longer detects my password. After clicking log in, the screen just refreshes and stays on the login page with no message explaining what happened.

So far, I tried rebooting, doing a factory reset, and even upgrading the firmware to the very latest. No matter what I do, I cannot log into the router again if I change the IP address. The only way back in is to do another factory reset.

Is this a known issue? What should I do? I'd like to avoid having my network on the 0.x IP address range if I can avoid it since my home server and many programs I use that connect to it know to reach the 1.x range.
Options
3 Reply
Re:New C7 Archer, unable to log in to management interface after changing router IP
2017-03-22 11:47:22
Never found such an issue. I think you could try to clear the cache of the web browser and then try again.
Options
Re:New C7 Archer, unable to log in to management interface after changing router IP
2017-04-07 21:26:58
I am having the exact same issue. Trying to set up a new Archer C7(US) (Hardware Version: Archer C7 v2 00000000, Firmware Version: 3.15.1 Build 160719 Rel.57530n, S/N: 216B499003739) that I purchased from Amazon yesterday. I too, would prefer to use the 192.168. 1.1 network instead of the 192.168. 0.1 network.

Like the original poster, I have tried re-flashing F/W with latest version on TP-Link's website - it made no difference. FYI, I connect to the router via a cable, not using wireless to configure.

After a factory reset via the WDS/Reest button, I can log on to the management console with admin/admin. If I only make one change after that - under Network | LAN, change the IP Address to 192.168. 1.1 and reboot, I can no longer log in to router. It's as if the password has been changed.

Is this a defective router or is it something an updated firmware could fix?
Options
2017-04-07 21:40:42
I am having the exact same issue. Trying to set up a new Archer C7(US) (Hardware Version: Archer C7 v2 00000000, Firmware Version: 3.15.1 Build 160719 Rel.57530n, S/N: 216B499003739) that I purchased from Amazon yesterday. I too, would prefer to use the 192.168.1.1 network instead of the 192.168.0.1 network.

Like the original poster, I have tried re-flashing F/W with latest version on TP-Link's website - it made no difference. FYI, I connect to the router via a cable, not using wireless to configure.

After a factory reset via the WDS/Reest button, I can log on to the management console with admin/admin. If I only make one change after that - under Network | LAN, change the IP Address to 192.168.1.1 and reboot, I can no longer log in to router. It's as if the password has been changed.

Is this a defective router or is it something an updated firmware could fix?
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 918

Replies: 3