Archer C5 - Android devices can connect to Wifi but limited internet connectivity, Apple and Windows totally no problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C5 - Android devices can connect to Wifi but limited internet connectivity, Apple and Windows totally no problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-03-24 21:28:57
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I am using the Archer C5 with DHCP turned on, both bandwidth enabled.
There was no problems connecting with any device be it Android, IOS or Windows in the beginning.
6 months later, thing started to go wrong.
All Android devices that connect to the Wifi cannot access the internet except for the Facebook application. Facebook Messenger, Whatsapp, internet browsing, Line, WeChat, etc... all blocked. Strange.
IOS and Windows devices are all OK. Full connectivity.
Looks like only Android devices are affected.
I have tried to reboot the modem several times, disabled either one of the bandwidth connection but problem still persist.
Anybody faced this problem before?
Any advice? Thanks.
Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer C5 - Android devices can connect to Wifi but limited internet connectivity, Apple and Windows totally no problem
2017-03-25 16:17:02
Do you enable the DoS protection on the router? Or do you set up any rules under parental control or access control?
Options
Re:Archer C5 - Android devices can connect to Wifi but limited internet connectivity, Apple and Windows totally no problem
2017-03-25 17:21:22
I did not set DoS protection, parental control or access control. All default settings.
Options
2017-03-27 16:56:50

eelieo wrote

I did not set DoS protection, parental control or access control. All default settings.

Have you tried to reset the router?
Options
2017-03-27 17:41:15

TP-Link Deco wrote

I have tried rebooting the router several times. still the same problem.
Options
Re:Archer C5 - Android devices can connec
2019-12-30 20:46:33

Hi, I see you had problems in the past connecting android devices to net through WiFi iam suffering similar problems did you ever get sorted? I can get on some sites/apps but some constantly throwing up internet connectivity issues

Thanks

eelieo wrote

TP-Link Deco wrote

I have tried rebooting the router several times. still the same problem.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1623

Replies: 5

Related Articles