AP Model WA901ND V3 - Mail Log functionality doesn't work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-03-26 22:49:57
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

The "Mail Log" functionality doesn't work on the AP TL-WA901ND V3 Firmware 3.16.9 build 150409 rel 60640m (latest).
Whatever email address you use and whatever SMTP address you enter, the mail log submission will fail.
It is also noticable that there is no system parameter available in this AP to mention the SMTP port to be used for the transmission.

Looks like TP-Link is aware of this issue reported my many users since long but they have done nothing about it so far.

Looks like a poor firmware design and complete absence of proper testing before putting this hardware on the market ...

Comments ?
Options
2 Reply
Re:AP Model WA901ND V3 - Mail Log functionality doesn't work
2017-03-27 23:05:58

monial wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

The "Mail Log" functionality doesn't work on the AP TL-WA901ND V3 Firmware 3.16.9 build 150409 rel 60640m (latest).
Whatever email address you use and whatever SMTP address you enter, the mail log submission will fail.
It is also noticable that there is no system parameter available in this AP to mention the SMTP port to be used for the transmission.

Looks like TP-Link is aware of this issue reported my many users since long but they have done nothing about it so far.

Looks like a poor firmware design and complete absence of proper testing before putting this hardware on the market ...

Comments ?

I am afraid you are right. I have the same complaints. We got what we paid for.
Options
Re:AP Model WA901ND V3 - Mail Log functionality doesn't work
2017-03-28 14:32:16
the device only support none SSL mail services on port 25 for the "Mail Log" function, find one one mail service on port 25 with no SSL in the below link:
https://www.arclab.com/en/kb/email/list-of-smtp-and-pop3-servers-mailserver-list.html

http://www.c3sd.com/email_servers_ports.php
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 726

Replies: 2