AP500 - Can the AP500 have same SSID for different bands in AP mode?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-03-30 23:35:41
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all, Im new here.
I think that my question is the same of sbytl in this thread, without any response, and I couldn't find any similar answer in other thread or FAQ.

Under AP mode, can the AP500 be configured to have the same SSID in 2,4GHz and 5GHz band, so that it can simultaneously provides the 2 bands with band steering?
If not, then different bands need different SSID, clients on different SSID can see each other?
Thanks in advance
Options
2 Reply
Re:AP500 - Can the AP500 have same SSID for different bands in AP mode?
2017-03-31 22:06:36
First of all i did not test that. :rolleyes:

Since you are running AP and not multiSSID mode the SSIDs are all on the same network.
So the wireless clients should see each other through the AP even on different bands.

Running the same SSID on different bands should also be possible. I had that in multiSSID mode.
It´s a bit less practical since you can´t see very fast if you are connected with 2,4 or 5ghz.
I ended up using "networkname" plus " 2g" or " 5g" and even different secrets to get more connection control.
Options
Re:AP500 - Can the AP500 have same SSID for different bands in AP mode?
2017-05-27 22:42:25
Sorry for the short answer, yes it can and works fine (tested).
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 500

Replies: 2