How do I ring fence home server from net

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-04-05 02:55:01
Model : Archer C9

Hardware Version : ArcherC9 v3.0

Firmware Version : 1.0.0 Build 20160129 rel.57036

ISP : EE (UK)

I have a pc in the loft which holds all the files and movies etc. I wish this pc to show on the home network but not to be online with access to the net.

I am using a TP-link Archer C9.

All other machines are on Windows 10 except the PC I wish to ring fence which is running windows 7.

I had used a specified IP address on the ring fence PC IP4 settings and without putting in the router as default gateway. This works inconsistently and however ring fenced defaults to see the network as public and will not share files.

Is there a setting on the router where I can set the mac address or IP address to be allowed on the network BUT not on the internet.

Thanks,

A.McClean
Options
2 Reply
Re:How do I ring fence home server from net
2017-04-05 03:58:23
Hi!Try parental controls, I think it defaults to disallow Internet access altogether.
Options
Re:How do I ring fence home server from net
2017-04-06 09:06:23
Yep, you can try to put this PC in the Whitelist of parental controls without any keywords.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 924

Replies: 2

Related Articles