TPlink M7350 Using an overseas SIM

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-04-08 09:24:10
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I've just registered on this forum. We've bought a new M7350 LTE Advanced Mobile WIFI - which is Unlocked so we can use it overseas. It currently has an Australian telstra sim in it. We have purchased a USA data SIM which will be activated by the provider soon (so it will be activated before we leave Australia). I'm uncertain as to the sequence of events we need to follow to put the new SIM in the device. The SIM is an AT&T network SIM (American). We will obviously need to change the device's APN settings for it to work (as advised by the SIM provider). At what point should we put the AT&T SIM in and attempt to change the APN settings? Should we do this manually before we leave Australia (obviously the SIM won't be able to be used in Australia as it's an AT&T SIM for use in USA). I have the details regarding what needs to be in each field of the APN settings. If we wait until we arrive in USA and attempt to use the device with the AT&T SIM in it, will we even be able to access the home page on our wifi tablets (our only other devices) in order to update the APN settings. I feel like it's the 'chicken or the egg'...how do you update APN settings when you can't establish a connection without them - but you need a connection in order to get to the homepage where you can update the APN settings? Also, has anyone had experience with this. Do the APN settings automatically change when the USA SIM is in the device and we land in America, without having to put them in manually? Or will we need to do this manually - in which case, how is that achieved without a connection? Thanks all. Hope someone has the answer for this.
Options
5 Reply
Re:TPlink M7350 Using an overseas SIM
2017-04-26 22:25:17
Hi

The M7350 should be able to automatically detect the APN of the SIM card. In case the SIM network is not detected automatically,
the band thing is you need to have a different source of internet in order to check on the web the APN setting of your SIM.

I think one solution is to check the APN setting first on other forums or send an email to the SIM provider so you have an idea
what is the correct APN settings.

Next is to install TPMifi app on your device so you can logon to the M7350 using the tpmifi app and use it to change/configure
the APN settings.

Good luck.Leanne
Options
2017-06-01 20:13:01
I bought an M7350 in Sweden and used it there. It was WONDERFUL. Nice little device. Now I want to use it at home in the USA. I need a new SIMCARD, I know that. Is there any reason to expect that it won't work in the USA? From the response to this thread, it would seem that it is expected to work in the USA.
Options
M7350 in USA
2017-06-04 09:40:57

dla202 wrote

I bought an M7350 in Sweden and used it there. It was WONDERFUL. Nice little device. Now I want to use it at home in the USA. I need a new SIMCARD, I know that. Is there any reason to expect that it won't work in the USA? From the response to this thread, it would seem that it is expected to work in the USA.
I'm currently travelling in USA and have an unlocked M7350 with an AT&T sim. I can't get it to work. The device just says 'no service'. I've tried to change the APN settings but all to no avail. I did huge amounts of research prior to travelling to ensure my investment paid off. Sadly no - despite the fact that it theoretically should have worked on the AT&T network. My phone gets the AT&T signal no problems...and automatically detected the APN settings without me having to do a thing. I've given up on the M7350 as it's more trouble than its worth. Don't want to spoil my holiday trying to figure it all out! That's just my experience. Yours may be better!
Options
2017-06-06 01:35:34
I think what I have found is that the M7350 supports only "bands" that are not used in the USA.
Options
2017-06-06 11:37:05

Leanne wrote

I'm currently travelling in USA and have an unlocked M7350 with an AT&T sim. I can't get it to work. The device just says 'no service'. I've tried to change the APN settings but all to no avail. I did huge amounts of research prior to travelling to ensure my investment paid off. Sadly no - despite the fact that it theoretically should have worked on the AT&T network. My phone gets the AT&T signal no problems...and automatically detected the APN settings without me having to do a thing. I've given up on the M7350 as it's more trouble than its worth. Don't want to spoil my holiday trying to figure it all out! That's just my experience. Yours may be better!

M7350 can only support FDD network type, if your SIM card works in TDD, M7350 can not connect to internet. By the way, M7310, M7300, M7450,M7650 can support TDD.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4626

Replies: 5