Archer C9 only allows 1st login 2nd login fails

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-04-12 03:31:12
Model : Archer C9

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi Just got a Archer C9 (V3)
After setting up and configuring to my settings as well as an upgrade to the latest firmware I have a browser login issue
After a fresh router reboot I login via the web page and can make adjustments etc
Any subsequent login fails and the only way to log in again is after a reboot of the router
I have tried different browsers on the same computer and different computers - same issue
I have tried via tplink login credentials and local login credentials - same issue either way - only allows 1st login and any 2nd attempt fails until a reboot
The app on IOS allows a login but only partially works - the network area shows as no clients - I can reboot via the app and I can then login again and see the network

Any Ideas

Thanks

Ern
Options
12 Reply
Re:Archer C9 only allows 1st login 2nd login fails
2017-04-12 10:02:49
Long standing issue. tp-link claims they can't duplicate the problem. I've had the same issue with my V1 for over a year. Hoping my C9 falls off the desk and breaks so I have an excuse to buy a different modem.
Options
2017-04-16 22:03:23
I'm having the same problem with my new Archer C9 V1. This is intolerable! Also, my NAS and wireless printer keep dropping off the network every couple of minutes. I can't troubleshoot if I can't login. Tether app won't even provide login page.
Options
2017-04-17 15:28:03

momcat1 wrote

I'm having the same problem with my new Archer C9 V1. This is intolerable! Also, my NAS and wireless printer keep dropping off the network every couple of minutes. I can't troubleshoot if I can't login. Tether app won't even provide login page.

I've got the same issue with my Archer C7 V2. I just biught it for 2 weeks ago.

Regarding fr: Sweden.
Options
2017-04-19 05:03:35
I rebooted and I am able to login occasionally, through browser or app. But it's not reliable. I am going try a firmware update.
Options
2017-04-20 02:20:06

momcat1 wrote

I rebooted and I am able to login occasionally, through browser or app. But it's not reliable. I am going try a firmware update.

A new beta2 will be released within this week, so hold on few more days momcat.
Options
2017-04-20 18:51:20
I applied the 2016 version yesterday. The wifi doesn'the drop out as often as it did before. But I find the only way I can login to the router fully is to ether net connect and disable my firewall. I've never had to do this with any of my prior routers. I will watch for the beta. It would be nice if changelogs were posted when the new firmware is published, so we could have a clue as to what issues were being resolved.
Options
2017-04-20 19:37:34

momcat1 wrote

It would be nice if changeless were posted when the new firmware is published, so we could have a clue as to what issues were being resolved.

I agree you about this, but the Supporter from tp-link does not seem to care much?.
--

With the new beta that was released few month's ago there is no drop at all and the router login is working normal.
Do you have the new beta momcat ?
Options
2017-04-20 23:33:56

Archer77 wrote

I agree you about this, but the Supporter from tp-link does not seem to care much?.
--

With the new beta that was released few month's ago there is no drop at all and the router login is working normal.
Do you have the new beta momcat ?

I also have an Archer C9 (v1). Where do you get this BETA firmware? I'm very interested in trying it out
Options
2017-04-21 08:10:21
I am not aware of any beta. Was this provided by TPLink?
Options
2017-04-21 12:59:12

momcat1 wrote

I am not aware of any beta. Was this provided by TPLink?
Yes it is provided only by TPLink.I have sent you a private message about this beta, have you read n reply? If not plz check your inbox-PM here.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1826

Replies: 12

Related Articles