GOOD NEWS: Archer C7 - 11n mode ONLY, can be choosed now

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

GOOD NEWS: Archer C7 - 11n mode ONLY, can be choosed now

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
29 Reply
Re:GOOD NEWS: Archer C7 - 11n mode ONLY, can be choosed now
2017-04-29 21:49:22
Let us know what you think about it.Don't forgett that you can choose N-mode only, and not mixed mode

timi wrote

Thanks , i will try it tonight or towmorow.
Options
2017-05-01 00:32:03
Thanks Archer77, could load it. Will install it later this day.
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2017-05-01 00:43:00
Ok, i have installed it !

I have reset the router before put it, then put to lan.. and load it... it may take a will to reset the router after put it about 5 minuts.. so don't touch it .

Nothing new in the firmware , only the option to put ONLY N in 2.4 ghz ...

Also the my easy are buring about the page with beta tp link ..grrr

Until now it is ok.. i have to wait this week to past to see how it perfome.

Only wish now that @tplink to put in 5 GHz ONLY AC , and channel with 20/ 40/ 80

Thanks...

&

Options
2017-05-01 02:03:39
'

timi, e-mail tp link official and tell them to make only AC on 5Ghz as now only N-mode in 2.4Ghz, and let them know that everybody want's this.Another thing that has been
improved is the stability and the dropp connection, there is no dropp connection with this latest beta.
Options
2017-05-07 16:48:40
Many thanks for the Beta firmware, Archer77. I'm on 3.15.2 Build 170419 Rel.55185n, with my Archer C7 v2 (EU).

Unfortunately I didn't have to wait a couple of days to see my router dropping to its knees again...this morning I woke up to a dying connection (poor latency, slow throughput), and minutes later the router stopped responding. Its "system" light also stopped blinking.
I have a couple of devices in my household, which are connecting to this router:
- 2 iPads
- 3 iPhones
- 1 Macbook Pro (late 2013 model)
- 1 TP-Link mini router (working in repeater mode) - interesting thing is, it very seldom crashes. I have to restart it, like, once in 3 months .
- 1 Samsung TV (wired connection)
- 1 Linux NAS (custom built) (wired connection)
- 1 Windows PC (wired connection)

Plus obviously the cable modem from my ISP (UPC).

I tried enabling everything in Security -> Advanced Security, also set the router to N-only in 2.4Ghz, to no avail...

What I will try to do is systematically disconnect one device at a time from the router for a few days, and see what happens. Maybe I will find the culprit. If it's not going to be successful, then I'm going to submit a ticket to TP-Link support.

It would be great to look into the logs, but it's completely unreadable due to zillions of "Authority failed" errors from DDNS service, which is not even enabled...(it's reported at
http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?94722-DDNS-ERROR-Authority-failed.

3.15.2 Build 170419 Rel.55185n

Any help/hints/ideas are highly appreciated!
Options
2017-05-07 20:37:00
Yes, i also noticed it is not as stable as i thought.
Sometimes i get 50 Mbit/s and sometimes 80Mbit/s, and i have 100MBit/s.

It seem to jump to often when i run bandwith speed. This has to be fixed in the next beta, ASAP.
Very annoying for most people that use Archer c7 v2.

But still this newest beta works better then the official firmware-update, but still needs improvements.
Options
Downgrade
2017-05-21 08:54:19
Does anybody know if i can downgrade from the last beta firmware, to the latest stable release?
I flashed the beta, but now i cant choose the 5ghz channels above 100 that work really well on my home.
I tryed flashing the old firmware, but i got Error code: 18005.
Why do they cut down the 5Ghz channel possibilites, and is there any way to downgrade the firmware?

Thanks!
Options
2017-05-21 15:16:57
Normally the beta firmware is used to solve some special firmware, in your case, may i know after you download the 160616, have you upzip it when you downgrade firmware? and when you downgrade firmware, is the PC connected to the C7 by a cable?
Download the old/original firmware from Tp-Link website and followed the instructions.

About the 5Ghz channel, i only had 36 to 48 with original firmware and even with beta, so this is not something they changed.

davartens wrote

Does anybody know if i can downgrade from the last beta firmware, to the latest stable release?
I flashed the beta, but now i cant choose the 5ghz channels above 100 that work really well on my home.
I tryed flashing the old firmware, but i got Error code: 18005.
Why do they cut down the 5Ghz channel possibilites, and is there any way to downgrade the firmware?

Thanks!
Options
2017-05-21 22:43:28

Archer77 wrote

Normally the beta firmware is used to solve some special firmware, in your case, may i know after you download the 160616, have you upzip it when you downgrade firmware? and when you downgrade firmware, is the PC connected to the C7 by a cable?
Download the old/original firmware from Tp-Link website and followed the instructions.

About the 5Ghz channel, i only had 36 to 48 with original firmware and even with beta, so this is not something they changed.

Have you tryed downgrading? On some google research that i made, i found some comments involving that the last TP-LINK firmwares from Europe, to comply with CE certificates, limit the possibilities to downgrade to an old firmware (2015 and back, i didnt try with the 2016 firmware) and also to install a 3rd party firmware. I also found a method using some kind of dd-wrt firmware that in theory can be flashed to the router, and from that firmware you can revert back to an old stock firmware, or to the 3rd party firmware of your desire.
I didnt test the method as i finally convinced myself to stay with the beta, the 2.4ghz band seems more stable, and the drop on the 5ghz signal isnt so drastic on this lower frequency channels.

Probably the cutting of the upper frequency channels of the 5ghz band is to comply with the CE certificates. I didnt have an EU firmware before, as im not in Europe, and i didnt know that the beta was an Europe release.
Options
2017-05-22 17:58:49
Hello @davartens , i have use the beta about 2 week , i din't like it , some slow speed and when i have 50 mb when i have 22, so not stable.
So i decide to downgrade, i get the same error... so i decid to search

I found this: http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?81462-How-to-recovery-the-router-when-you-bricked-it

i follow the instrucion end it working : BUT !!! it is on your rissk ! after the file send it .. don't touch the router ! , will take some time to reset bye itself ! very importent.
Options
Related Articles