Wifi extender isn't doing it's job

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-04-28 01:32:11
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

First of all, let me explain the problem I'm having. So I have a 300MB down and upload contract with my provider. If I connect an ethernet cable to my laptop I actually get that speed, which is amazing. But sadly the wifi range is horrible. The router and modem are on the first floor, wifi works well there. Most of the time I'm in my room, which is on the first floor, and the wifi is pretty bad here. Gaming isn't possible and most of the time my iPhone is on my 4G network because the wifi connection is so bad.

I bought a TP-Link TL-WA850RE, hoping it would fix my problems but it hasn't, and I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. There's not really a good place to put it really, so what I did was put it in my room with an ethernet cable connected to it, and then connect to the TP-Link wifi with my laptop/phone. I expected it to be like a second router because it gets alot of speed from the cable connected to it, but in reality it was worse than connecting straight to my actual router.

Am I doing something wrong?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 360

Replies: 0

Related Articles