WR841N stuck in boot loop, unbricking attempt failed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-04-28 20:38:33
Model : TL-WR841N (TPD)

Hardware Version : v10 .0

Hi there,

I have a WR841N v10 (EU/German version) that was given to me by a family member because it was "broken". When I power it on, the system LED lights up first and stays that way. Then all the other LEDs flash for a split second and go off again, repeating every 5 seconds in an endless loop. There is no way to ping or access the router, it seems to reboot before even attempting to connect to the local network.

I don't know what the previous owner had done with the router (my guess would be a failed firmware upgrade attempt or something), so I tried to flash the original v10 firmware from the website using the TFTP/reset button method. The method itself seems to work, the router goes into recovery mode (the "lock" LED lights up) and the firmware file is sucessfully transferred every time. But it doesn't seem to do anything, the router is still stuck in the endless startup loop. Flashing other common firmwares (DD-WRT, OpenWRT, stock firmware with stripped bootloader etc.) didn't help either.

Is there anything else I could try to save the thing or do you think it's gone for good?

Thank you in advance
rs
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1500

Replies: 0