TP-Link AC750

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP-Link AC750

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TP-Link AC750
TP-Link AC750
2017-04-29 19:42:47
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I`ve just two had two wireless IP cameras installed. One is on the roof and the other on a first floor balcony. The installer assured me that the wifi signal to my TP´- Link router was strong enough, but it is anything but. He now tells me that me that the signal is not strong enough. A bit late after installation. I purchased a TP Link AC 750 extender, set it up per instructions and plugged it in to a power socket upstairs. Of course it hasn't made any difference to the signal coming from the cameras.
I want to ask you guys if the extender can be configured to make the signal from the cameras stronger for the TP Link wireless router to pick up. Failing that, anyone got any ideas as to how I can make the signal stronger or extend it.
Hard wire and cables would solve the problem I know but that`s out of the question
Thanks.
Options
8 Reply
Re:TP-Link AC750
2017-05-01 00:53:00
Extender is not good idea for cameras. Better solution will be external access point which will be connected to main router in your house.
Options
2017-05-01 14:31:35
Thank you for your quick reply Jim. I`m going to ask the installer to try and connect the cameras by ethernet cable, which means going down the side of the house from the roof Is the the best option do you think, and how would he connect both cameras to the router. Would I need extra equipment. Thanks again.
Options
2017-05-01 16:13:31
and how would he connect both cameras to the router. Would I need extra equipment. Thanks again.

Yes I said you need access point on the roof and wired connection (UTP 5e) beteen AP and home router. Then you will make wireless connection between cameras and AP and further by cable to your home router. I think that you understand me.
Options
2017-05-02 14:55:00
Thanks again. If I need a cable connection from the AP on the roof to my home router I may as well just make a cable connection between the cameras and home router, I was hoping I could put the AP much closer to home router, perhaps on an outside wall on the ground floor.
Options
2017-05-02 15:12:57
Sorry I do not know your house plan and your camera's position. Of course cable is more stable connection than radio. I give you advice's just from my experience with IP cameras and my troubleshoots with hims. Sorry for my poor English :)
Options
2017-05-03 15:06:45
Your English is very good and I understand you perfectly. The installer has now agreed to reinstall with cable.
Options
2017-05-03 21:42:16
The installer has now agreed to reinstall with cable.

It is a good decision, you will be glad.
Options
2017-05-04 16:36:34
I think so, but it`s going to cost another €200 on top of the €775 that I have already paid. The problem is that sometimes one or both cameras, then neither work. He seems to think that I should ask my ISP to change the channel on my router, because it`strange that the one or both cameras work sometimes, so it could be a network problem. But as you say, cable will solve the problem. and they are coming today to do it. !! Thanks again for your advice in perfect English,
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1282

Replies: 8

Related Articles