Different passwords for wifi vs extended wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-04-30 03:32:04
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

I have an AC750Wi-Fi Range Extender RE210. Can I have a different password for the range extender wifi from the one used to log into the original wifi network?

Can I achieve what I want using an Access Point like the TL-WA801ND?

Thanks,
William.
Options
4 Reply
Re:Different passwords for wifi vs extended wifi
2017-05-01 00:49:10
I have an AC750Wi-Fi Range Extender RE210. Can I ha ve a different password for the range extender wifi from the one used to log into the original wifi network?

No it is impossible.

Can I achieve what I want using an Access Point like the TL-WA801ND?

Are you talking about this password?
Options
2017-05-01 14:50:01
Yes. I want to create a separate wifi network which accesses the Internet through an existing wifi network. The two should have different login details and computers on the existing network should not be able to access the new network. I think I can achieve this using an access point like the one mentioned before, possibly in Bridge mode?
Options
2017-05-01 16:16:36
Main router doesn't have "Guest Network" mode?
Options
2017-05-02 14:40:08
I don't own the router or have access to setup. Whilst I might be able to negotiate to set it up the way I want, it's not a nice solution. Much better to be in charge of things myself.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 860

Replies: 4

Related Articles