TL-WR842ND V2.1 maybe bricked

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-05-01 16:59:17
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello. I flashed dd-wrt on a tp-link WR842ND v2.1. Everything works fine, internet works but suddenly (after about an hour) the router stop working properly. What happened:
Five leds light up without any blinking. (Power on, WAN, Lan1, Lan2, Lan3 -> total of 5 leds).

Nothing happens when I try to connect any network cable to any port.

There is no Internet.

There is no connection between the router and network card (computer detects that the cable is unplugged).
What I tried:
I tried to power off the router and then reconnect to the power source. The router did not boot, there is no sign that something happens inside, those 5 leds just light up without any blinking.

I tried to hold the reset button while reconnecting to the power source, but the result was the same without any difference.
I share a short descriptive video about the problem. https://youtu.be/Hzu969IwqIYIf anyone have idea about what it could be or how to rescue my router, please share any advice. Thank you very much.
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WR842ND V2.1 maybe bricked
2017-05-01 17:40:37
I'm afraid that your router is bricked. The only one way to check it is UART interface,
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 775

Replies: 1

Related Articles