Macbook can't connect to RE350

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-05-02 10:21:27
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

I have an Wi-Fi Range Extender RE350. I am having trouble connecting 1 of my Macbook to the RE350. It keeps throwing error "Invalid Password" despite multiple retries with the correct password (i'm very sure of that). Anyone facing the same problem?

Thanks,
JS
Options
25 Reply
Re:Macbook can't connect to RE350
2017-05-02 14:42:43
Have you checked different SSID on the repeater? Then your computer have asked about password?
Options
2017-05-14 03:54:43
I'm encountering the exact same issue on my Macbook Pro and Macbook Air. I've tried using the main router's SSID and also assigning a new SSID to the RE305's networks and neither works.

My iPhone connects to the RE305's extended network without an issue.

My main router is an Asus RT-AC68R.
Options
Same issue
2017-05-22 23:42:08
Had anyone found a solution to this problem yet? I am having the same issue as well. With the extender present my MacBook oddly cannot connect. With it turned off my MacBook connects fine.All my other devices iPad iPhone thinkpad have no problems connecting with the extender present. This is really frustrating, might just return it for something better if I can figure this out soon.
Options
2017-06-14 06:04:53
I have had issues connecting my Macbook Pro to an Asus RT-AC5300 on the 2.4ghz band if I'm too close to the router.
Solution: move at least a couple metres away from the router.

I also had issues connecting to TP-Link RE350 on the 2.4ghz band, or it would connect to repeater but have no internet connectivity.
Solution: Turn off DHCP server on the repeater. Go to the web control panel for the RE350 > Network > DHCP Server Settings > DHCP Server: Set to OFF (Click save)

Also try: Switch the channel bandwidth on the main router, to only use 20mhz, as shown in this guy's video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNM2gq97vDs
Options
Same issue with TL-WA850RE
2017-09-26 21:06:01
I can access it with every other device except my Macbook. My router is an ASUS RTN12-HP and my repeater is TL-WA850RE.

Perhaps this is an issue with Asus Routers? Can anyone confirm?

How do you solve this?
Options
Yes, same issue with TL-WA850RE
2017-10-13 02:16:16
I cannot connect to this device from my Macbook (which is running El Capitan) - it simply doesn't work - 'invalid password'. The Macbook connects to the router itself (a TP-Link VR400) just fine, and other devices in the household (iPhone, iPad, Android tablet, Android phone, Windows 10 laptop) can all connect to the repeater so I don't think it's me.

TP-Link, are you listening? It would be nice to have a fix for this.
Options
Same Issues
2018-01-08 10:05:10
I received a RE350 for christmas and am running into the same issues. My MacBook Pro is running High Sierra. Same issues when trying to connect and receiving "invalid password" notifications. All other devices work well.
Options
2018-01-10 03:40:13
Encountering the same issue with a 2011 MacBook Pro 13", latest macOS 10.12.2 High Sierra.
Options
2018-01-15 13:15:51
1. Check your TCP/IP settings in the Network pane of the System Preferences. Click the "Renew DHCP Lease" button

[*]Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
[*]Choose Network from the View menu.
[*]Select Wi-Fi, then click the Advanced button in the lower-left hand corner of the screen.
[*]Click the TCP/IP tab from the top of the screen.
[*]Click the "Renew DHCP Lease" button.
[FONT="]2. Select the Wi-Fi tab and view your Preferred Networks list.[/FONT]

[*]Select each network and click the minus sign[/FONT] to remove those networks from your Preferred Networks list.
[*]Click OK and close the Network preferences.
[FONT="][FONT="]3. Remove your stored network passwords using the Keychain Access Utility.[/FONT]

[*]Open Keychain Access from /Applications/Utilities. Your window will look like this:
[*]Remove your AirPort network passwords from the login keychain: Select the "login" keychain from the Keychain sidebar. Click the "Kind" column to order the list of keychain items by their type. Remove all entries of the kind: "AirPort network password".
[*]Remove your AirPort network passwords from the System keychain: Select the "System" keychain from the Keychain sidebar. Click the "Kind" column to order the list of keychain items by their type. Remove all entries of the kind: "AirPort network password".

Note: The above steps will remove your Wi-Fi network passwords. If you do not know them, or if your network does not use passwords to restrict access, you should contact your network administrator.
4. Restart your computer.
5. Join your Wi-Fi network. You will need to enter your password for your network again if it requires one.

Macbook Rental, iPad Rental Services in Dubai
Options
2018-01-27 22:43:48

vrstechnologies wrote

1. Check your TCP/IP settings in the Network pane of the System Preferences. Click the "Renew DHCP Lease" button

[*]Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
[*]Choose Network from the View menu.
[*]Select Wi-Fi, then click the Advanced button in the lower-left hand corner of the screen.
[*]Click the TCP/IP tab from the top of the screen.
[*]Click the "Renew DHCP Lease" button.

[FONT=&]2. Select the Wi-Fi tab and view your Preferred Networks list.[/FONT]

[*]Select each network and click the minus sign to remove those networks from your Preferred Networks list.
[*]Click OK and close the Network preferences.

[FONT=&]3. Remove your stored network passwords using the Keychain Access Utility.[/FONT]

[*]Open Keychain Access from /Applications/Utilities. Your window will look like this:
[*]Remove your AirPort network passwords from the login keychain: Select the "login" keychain from the Keychain sidebar. Click the "Kind" column to order the list of keychain items by their type. Remove all entries of the kind: "AirPort network password".
[*]Remove your AirPort network passwords from the System keychain: Select the "System" keychain from the Keychain sidebar. Click the "Kind" column to order the list of keychain items by their type. Remove all entries of the kind: "AirPort network password".

Note: The above steps will remove your Wi-Fi network passwords. If you do not know them, or if your network does not use passwords to restrict access, you should contact your network administrator.

4. Restart your computer.
5. Join your Wi-Fi network. You will need to enter your password for your network again if it requires one.

Macbook Rental, iPad Rental Services in Dubai

No WiFi connection to my RE500 repeater on my Macbook Pro 2011, and also my MacMini 2011. I have the issue even when booting from macOS Recovery Partition. I guess this will happen even if formatting my Mac and reinstalling macOS from scratch.

The only way to make WiFi working is by setting my TP Link repeater to 2.4 GHz only, 20 MHz wide. We need a firmware fix from TP Link.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3775

Replies: 25

Related Articles