Can't change firmware on TL-WR802n from Japanese to English.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-05-03 22:59:18
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

The title says it all. I purchased a TL-WR802n v2 Nano router at a major electronics shop in Tokyo. I specifically asked if the firmware could be changed from Japanese to English before the purchase and they checked and indicated that yes it was possible. I am bilingual so this wasn't a miscommunication due to language.

Both the English and the Japanese firmware are available for download on the support page specific for my product on both the US and Japan Support sites so it doesn't seem the information provided was incorrect. However, if I try to upload the English firmware it fails with an error. On the Japan site in addition to TL-WR802N(JP)2.0, which is Japanese, TL-WR802N(EU)_V2 is available for English.

As a goof, I also tried the TL-WR802N(US)_V2 and that fails also. The JP file will upload with no problem.

What's interesting is that with preinstalled firmware version when the pages refresh on the web interface admin page...it briefly flashes the page in English first then switches to Japanese.

Any idea why I can't do the firmware update with the file that TPLINK is officially providing for my hardware?

Thanks
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1038

Replies: 0