DHCP disable/forward + reserved IPs + Port Forwarding missing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DHCP disable/forward + reserved IPs + Port Forwarding missing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
22 Reply
I need this too
2017-07-15 22:27:34
I've just purchased the Deco 5 as I wanted to use the mesh wireless technology to give better Wi-fi coverage. I didnt realise that it doesn't have AP functionality and the ability to turn off DHCP so these are no use to me.

I have two modems with different ISPs linked to a TL-R480T which gives enhanced bandwidth and fail-over capability. The TL-R480T is the DHCP Address provider and also DNS forwarder. Having the Deco 5 Unit downstream from this is unusable - I cant even connect to LAN devices connected to the TL-R480T.

Modem1-> Wired NAS
>TL-R480T<
Modem2-> Deco 5 Wireless

Going to have to return the unit unless there are other suggestions on how this can be fixed another way?
Options
Re:DHCP disable/forward + reserved IPs + Port Forwarding missing
2017-07-16 00:32:35
so is there an ETA on the AP Mode. I just bought these and I cannot use this in my network without going to AP mode.
Options
2017-07-19 14:27:05
July is about to end. When does AP mode come? And how will it work? Have bought 6 units all depends on if the AP mode comes, I have to leave all back !! So exactly when will it come?
Options
2017-07-23 15:33:54
Asked the support and got the answer:

Dear Torsten,
Thank you very much for your call requesting information about our product.

Sorry for all the inconvenience caused to you.

I just confirmed the firmware updated time with the one who is in charge of it. And he said the firmware with the AP mode option will come on at the end of this July.

Please wait patiently. Thanks for your understanding and supporting.

If you need any further help, please feel free to let me know.
Best Regards!
----------------------------------------------
Judy.Peng
TP-LINK Technical Support
Options
2017-07-27 00:51:49

torsten85 wrote

Asked the support and got the answer:

Dear Torsten,
Thank you very much for your call requesting information about our product.

Sorry for all the inconvenience caused to you.

I just confirmed the firmware updated time with the one who is in charge of it. And he said the firmware with the AP mode option will come on at the end of this July.

Please wait patiently. Thanks for your understanding and supporting.

If you need any further help, please feel free to let me know.
Best Regards!
----------------------------------------------
Judy.Peng
TP-LINK Technical Support

Everyone still holding their breath on this FW update? Support has all but disappeared on this product. Going to leave an Amazon review stating that now...
Options
2017-07-27 22:52:21
They have 3 more days left to come up with the promised update...
I have six DecoM5 units here which are lying on the shelf with no use due to missing AP-Mode. They lie there for almost 3 month now.
Many other customers have exactly the same problem since nobody could know that such a high-end system does not offer basic functionality which can be found in any <10$ cheepo noname router
Options
AP-Mode Has Arrived
2017-07-28 02:45:49
Power users rejoice!!! :D

Logged into my Deco app today and checked for updates to my device and found that the latest firmware was there. AP Mode is available now.

I have not had time to play with it yet, but very encouraged.

AP Mode negates parental controls, which is why I bought the Deco setup in the first place :(. I am still kicking around making the Deco my primary router, as it appears that more advanced features are being added all of the time.

Thanks to TP-Link for being responsive to customer requests. Keep the features coming.
Options
2017-07-28 05:06:03
FYI: Just updated to the latest firmware.
Options
2017-07-28 14:04:10
Backhaul working?
Options
2017-07-28 18:35:02
I have not been able to get the ethernet backhaul to work. I tried the following:
1. I had the decos setup wirelessly and in router-mode (before the firmware update). I set the decos to Access Point-mode and plugged in the ethernet cables. As a result, the entire network went down (all red LEDs) and I had to manually reset all of them.
2. After that I created a new network with one deco and set it to Access Point-mode. I tried to add one of the other decos whilst connected via ethernet but during the optimizing part of the setup I kept getting an error.

I use the following setup

Has anyone else been able to get the ethernet backhaul to work in Access Point-mode?
Options
Related Articles