Secondary router can't access the internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-05-15 07:21:45
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have an Archer C7 connected to a C9 in bridge mode (the C7 is in bridge mode, did everything this website says: https://awesometoast.com/archer-c9/), my PC connects to the C7 through the lan port and the internet is working just fine, the C9 "sends" the internet to a lan port on the C7 as well. However, both the 2.4ghz and the 5ghz on the C7 can't access the internet, and whenever I try to ping o traceroute using the utlity inside the C7 admin page, it says it can't reach the address either.

They're set up like this:

internet --- modem --- archer c9 --- archer c7 --- my pc

Both the C9 and the C7 connect to a wall plug this way:

(C9) >-[cat5e cable]-> (wall plug (cat6)) <-[cat5e cable]-< (C7)

The C9 is connected to a LAN port on the C7, the same way my PC is. I did a small test and plugged the C9 on the WAN port of the C7 and reset the C7, basically enabling DHCP, and still no internet connection.

The weirdest thing is that my PC can reach the internet through the router even though the router itself can't access the internet and the light of the ports connected are all blinking as if they were active.

Is there anything I could be missing? Anything I can try? I'm used to set up this kind of configuration and always worked, the only thing that changed is that now the cable inside my wall are all cat6, and the cables connecting into the wall are cat5e since I didn't receive the cables I purchased yet.

I tried to crimp a few cat6 cables but they act really weird, usually not even connecting to anything I plug them into.

Thanks everyone!
Options