RE200 5g dropping.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

RE200 5g dropping.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
RE200 5g dropping.
RE200 5g dropping.
2017-05-25 20:24:07
Model : AC750

Hardware Version : RE200

Firmware Version :

ISP : O2

Hi, got an RE200 from my ISP and I have a dual band router but the 2.4g band is disabled. I set up the extender using the guide and 'skipped' the 2.4g setup as suggested by the guide as I wouldn't be using it. Configured the 5g as it asked me to, keeping the same SSID and password as the parent signal. Haven't changed any other settings. Already reset it 3 times and tried again. So initially it looked like it was working but then I tested it more, the RE is sending out both 2.4g and 5g bands but obviously the 5g is named the same as the parent signal from the router and the 2.4 has been auto named accordingly. However, when I pass from the routers signal to the RE signal it doesn't seem to want to change straight away, when it does it has a worse signal than the 2.4g and then eventually drops. Woke this morning to find the 5g light was solid red and stayed that way all morning, eventually turning to green for a short while then off entirely. The router is new and I have no issues on 3 other devices. Have I don't something wrong? Is there a way to disable the 2.4g signal? Any thoughts welcome.
Options
2 Reply
Re:RE200 5g dropping.
2017-05-29 01:03:24
If you use 5gHz than the extender must be near the router because the signal of 5gHz is short. If your extender is on the edge of the signal it will constantly drop and connect. Try placing it closer to the router or use a powerplug.
Options
Re:RE200 5g dropping.
2017-05-29 14:09:16
Ok thanks, can't do anything right now as the router died on me! Oh technology!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 962

Replies: 2