Wired connection insists on picking up Guest network name

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-05-28 01:31:01
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all

I have a C59 Archer which I use as my principal router. In turn it connects to a secondary router, and a switch, both Netgear. Every device I use, except one, connects using wired or wireless connections to the principal network - let's call it NETGEARX - however, I have a problem with the one other device, my main desktop PC, which uses a wired connection direct to the router.

For some weird reason I cannot get to the bottom of, if I connect this PC using a wired connection, it reports that I'm connected via the Guest network (even though Guest network is turned off). Anything else I connect with a wire reports that it's connected to NETGEARX. And if I connect my PC to the wireless network it (correctly) reports as being connected to NETGEARX.

However, if I try to access other network devices from my PC on NETGEARX, I seem to be able to do this even though my PC is on GUEST...

Having said that, I sometimes have problems detecting network drives and printers, and I suspect this naming confusion might have something to do with it.

Anyone else come across this phenomenon ? And any suggestions for forcing my desktop to join the right network ?

Thanks
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 462

Replies: 0

Related Articles