Can We expect a new improved firmware for TL-WR941HP?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-05-28 06:50:11
Model :

Hardware Version : TL-WR941HP v1

Firmware Version : 3.16.9 Build 20170104 Rel.43360n

ISP :

hi, As the router with the model TL-WR941HP has some issues with channel width and few issues with throughput when it performs as a range extender. So, I would like know if We can get a improved firmware release from tplink to this problem for this hardware. Thanks to everyone.
Options
17 Reply
Re:Can We expect a new improved firmware for TL-WR941HP?
2017-05-28 15:42:42

w20grippy wrote

hi, As the router with the model TL-WR941HP has some issues with channel width and few issues with throughput when it performs as a range extender. So, I would like know if We can get a improved firmware release from tplink to this problem for this hardware.

What you need is the capability to tweak\configure wireless signal power gain which is not exposed in the stock firmware. Try exploring alternate firmware like DD-WRT or OpenWRT
Options
2017-06-01 00:36:38

srimo01 wrote

What you need is the capability to tweak\configure wireless signal power gain which is not exposed in the stock firmware. Try exploring alternate firmware like DD-WRT or OpenWRT
Unfortunately, I am not a developer so I went to find if there is any DDWRT or OpenWRT available and could not find any. So, Should it not be developed by Tp link for a better, smoother version?
Options
2017-06-01 23:15:31

w20grippy wrote

Unfortunately, I am not a developer so I went to find if there is any DDWRT or OpenWRT available and could not find any.

Supported with OpenWRT here https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr941nd

So, Should it not be developed by Tp link for a better, smoother version?

I do not represent TP-Link, hence cannot comment.
Options
2017-06-03 08:51:19

srimo01 wrote

That link is for the TL-WR941 ND
We need one for the TL-WR941 HP :(
Options
2017-06-04 21:06:35
You are correct, that specific model is not supported either by DD-WRT or OpenWRT, you seem out of luck my friend.
Options
2017-06-08 20:47:31
Guys I reported this several times to the tp-link support.
Maybe if more people would send request we would get a response faster.

Please report the firmware issues here: http://www.tp-link.com.au/support-contact.html#E-mail-Support
Options
2017-06-10 02:57:10
no answer to this op by tplink yet? we really need a improved firmware for this model.
Options
2017-06-22 19:52:30
Being in talk to the support team but so far there is no plans of a new firmware.

The developer team knows the 40hz signal is unstable but they say is intentional.
Makes no sense to me but thats it.
They intentional nerfed the 40hz signal.

The TL-WR941HP at 40hrz will stop sending 40hz after some hours.
And start sending 20hrz signal.

They say is for compatibility with older devices.
But since there is already a AUTO mode when we set 40hrz it should always send 40hrz.

It really sucks when the developer team makes decisions like this.
I guess we that bought a TL-WR941HP are out of luck :mad:

Here is my last contact from them:

Hi, Paulo
I have confirmed the problem with RD. When the bandwidth is configured to 40 MHz, It will not keep in 40 MHz forever, it will be compatible with 20 MHz, too.
Because the 2.4G wireless of some devices only support 20 MHz, for example Iphone. In case to avoid the compatibility problem, we let it compatible to 20 MHz even customer select 40 MHz.

It's because of the working mechanism of device, not software bug. So I suggest you use the network adapter with more speed. Thanks for your understand.

> This happens with any adapters, notebooks, smartphones.
> Is not related to the adapters but to the router itself.
>
> My adpters are:
> TL-WN722N
> TL-WN8200ND

Best Regards

Note: If you don't contact with us in 72 hours, this ticket will be closed temporarily. When you send the email to us, this ticket will be activated again.
If you received the reminder email from our ticket system, Please don't worry about this, we will not close this ticket by ourselves, this ticket only be closed temporarily.
---------------------------------------------
Calvin Wang
Technical Support Engineer
TP-LINK TECHNOLOGIES CO, LTD.
Options
2017-06-23 19:35:28

pralima87 wrote

Being in talk to the support team but so far there is no plans of a new firmware.

The developer team knows the 40hz signal is unstable but they say is intentional.
Makes no sense to me but thats it.
They intentional nerfed the 40hz signal.

The TL-WR941HP at 40hrz will stop sending 40hz after some hours.
And start sending 20hrz signal.

They say is for compatibility with older devices.
But since there is already a AUTO mode when we set 40hrz it should always send 40hrz.

It really sucks when the developer team makes decisions like this.
I guess we that bought a TL-WR941HP are out of luck :mad:

Here is my last contact from them:

This demonstrates the lack of responsibility by Tplink, We're supposed to get a stable firmware for this model because officially we're client as it is our purchased product with the great value of money.
Options
2017-12-25 00:59:10
This router is the worst and they never felt the guilt of keeping bugs inside. Anyone will offcourse notice that "Your device (mobile/pc) will be forced out from WiFi network while it is connected" and "It will start dropping channel or overlap probably (simply mess up during that time) when it is placed next to another router. Is it not a problem or bug anymore???
Options