Can We expect a new improved firmware for TL-WR941HP?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can We expect a new improved firmware for TL-WR941HP?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
17 Reply
Re:Can We expect a new improved firmware for TL-WR941HP?
2017-12-28 16:24:28
Tôi hy vọng phần mềm được phát triển tốt hơn
Options
Buggy Firmware Repeater mode not working with JIO
2018-01-17 04:08:35
I am also expecting new firmare as this device is useles not able to use as repeater with JioFi2 device. I had purchased this router when it was newely available online it is working with broadband connection but not working with JIO device even updated with latest version firmware available on tp link site, contacted multiple times with customer support given my laptop control to look at the device configuration but they were unable to resolve the issue.
Options
2018-01-18 01:44:24
I've given up on TP-Link after facing years of endless problems it had, it's not just the case with TP-Link but all consumer grade routers in general.
Guys, if you want peace of mind, get a Mikrotik or Ubiquiti, i did and finally at peace with myself.
Remember, you always get what you pay for.
Options
2018-01-22 16:39:43
I've given up on TP-Link after facing years of endless problems it had, it's not just the case with TP-Link but all consumer grade routers in general.
Options
2018-09-29 08:08:32
I also have this same router TL-WR941HP V2 and it has the following frequent problems:

1) WAN Orange Light in router mode in the following situations:
- Downloading or uploading file(s) with ADSL Internet connection (8 Mbits)
- When is doing a speedtest and even when you are downloading a single torrent
- Running Windows Update or when is updating a software

2) High CPU usage (if you see the Perfomance Monitor) in medum level tasks for example: (all the situations in the point 1)

The manual says " WAN orange light means NO INTERNET". This orange light appears when I am using qBittorrent, downloading or uploading files at top speed of my Internet connection (8 Megabits ADSL2+). When I see the CPU and Memory Monitor in the router, the CPU load is very high (between 80 and 100%). But, There is no red light if I transfer a folder or big files between 2 PCs in LAN (1 PC Ethernet and the other over WiFi)

Screenshots:

The first screenshot is the CPU and Memory Load when I was doing a speed test. The second screenshot and the third are when I was trasfering a big file between 2 PCs in LAN. I was thinking that the problem may be the firmware, because this router has a Qualcomm Atheros TP9343(750 MHz) | RAM1: 64 MiB (a very good peace of hardware) but may still have a very unstable and buggy firmware. I hope that soon a new version of firmware will be release, we need a more stable and better performance of a hardware that by his specs should be excellent..
Options
2021-01-28 12:56:52 - last edited 2021-01-28 13:13:52

Gabohar:

What's the problem with the orange LED? I think it means your connections is so saturated that the router can't detect if the test host is reachable. About the CPU usage: I noticed the same. Not sure how much is consumed just to show the page.

Options
2021-01-28 13:10:10 - last edited 2021-01-28 13:13:14

I had very nasty problems trying to connect a Window 10 (upgraded a few days ago) using a Realtek RTL8188FTV dongle and a TL-WR941HP V2 (last firmware) using the default "Auto" bandwidth option.

It worked some times, but then didn't work at all. After setting the bandwidth to "20 MHz" it worked perfectly. I suspect the V2 firmware is also dropping to 20 MHz when it detects a client that doesn't support 40 MHz because one day Windows 10 was able to connect, with the router on for hours, the next couldn't (with the router recently rebooted).

My conclusion is that this setting should be 20 MHz by default.

Note this problem was only for Windows 10. The same machine using Debian GNU/Linux worked perfectly and all the other Linux devices I have (Samsung Galaxy Core 2, Samsung Galaxy J4 and Samsung TV running Tizen) worked perfectly. It looks like buggy clients (like Windows 10) handles the 40/20 MHz situation very poorly. And I suspect the "Auto" means: use 40 MHz, until a client needs 20 MHz. And a client could be a smartphone just passing in the router range. So you won't get 40 MHz all the time unless all the clients in the router range supports it. And with the huge range of this router this is quite hard.

Options