How to connect router & extenders (best option)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-05-28 22:55:12
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all,

I have the Archer C2600 router and 2x RE200 extenders. I want equipment to connect automatically to the strongest point, is below the best solution?

I wanted to know what the best way to connect is. The Archer does not cover my whole home and garden so I have 1 extender on the first floor and 1 ext in the shed. I have them on High speed 2.4gHz device connect and the data on 5gHz to router. I have given the extenders the same SSID and password.
Options
4 Reply
Re:How to connect router & extenders (best option)
2017-07-17 20:31:51
I will answer this myself because it seems to have an great effect on the Archer C2600 routers wifi if done wrong.

Check my other post what happened.
http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?98822-C2600-2.4ghz-guest-network-does-not-connect-to-internet.

Still no idea whats the right way .....
Options
2017-07-18 10:12:07
do you bridge two extender together? it is not suggested to do that. But range extenders can connect to main router directly.
like this: main router (wifi) extender 1 (wifi) extender 2 bad
extender 1 (wifi) router (wifi) extender 2 good
Options
2017-07-18 16:25:15

flying snow wrote

do you bridge two extender together? it is not suggested to do that. But range extenders can connect to main router directly.
like this: main router (wifi) extender 1 (wifi) extender 2 bad
extender 1 (wifi) router (wifi) extender 2 good

No Bridge made.

Extenders are separate direct linked with 5Ghz to router and with 2.4 to devices. (this is an option to not lose speed)
Options
2018-08-14 21:02:41
Thanks For Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 716

Replies: 4

Related Articles