Cannot connect to TL-WR340G using WiFi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-05-29 00:37:09
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi, I need help connecting to my router (WR340G ver3.1) using my laptop's wireless adapter.

I can connect with the LAN cable just fine, but every time I go to connect to with WiFi (on win10) I choose "Connect Automatically", then it asked for the network security key computer says "can't connect to this network".

I have troubleshot the wireless adapter (and whole networking) but all is fine here, and I can connect to other SSID's.
I have also reset my router config, SSID and wireless password more than once.

and when that did not work, then used the manual's instructions to Clone the MAC address and next change the default IP, all to no avail.
After that, the manual says to contact Tech Support...so here I am.

Gonna try one last thing, restarting the computer, but dont think it will work because I've tired it before...

Any more suggestions?

-Pedro
Options
2 Reply
Re:Cannot connect to TL-WR340G using WiFi
2017-06-02 20:20:30
So, I tried restarting (again), but to no avail. What I did also try on the welcome screen was choosing the networking option before logging in...and making sure airport mode was off and the wireless adapter was on, and when I chose my router, then the system gave me a message that "The wireless adapter does not meet the requirements of the chosen network." So I guess my computer's adapter is the problem, though it used to work just fine, and I never changed the router, or any other internet component. Maybe someone can tell we what the requirements are or should be for the adapter?
Options
Fixed
2017-06-04 07:09:46
After searching more online for the last error code I recieved, I learned all I had to do was one of: delete/udpate the wifi adapter driver, or delete the older wifi profiles and create a new one...problem solved!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 976

Replies: 2