Archer T2UH Linux Driver Compilation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-06-03 19:55:53
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Today I got the Archer T2UH device which I bought on Amazon. A friend of mine got another similar looking device from tp-link, a different model, which worked out of the box when plugged into my notebook. Also the Amazon page said that there is Linux support for the device. This is why I have hopes of this device working for me. With the product it came a CD, where I found a text file directing me to a website where I was able to download the drivers for the Linux kernel.

With the downloaded driver came a PDF, which is supposed to explain how to compile the driver.

However, Already at the very first step the instructions are plain wrong. They reference a file called "Makefile.c" which does not even exist in the whole source of the Linux driver. The "Makefile" contained in the root directory of the extracted driver source does not look like what is on the screenshots in the driver compilation manual.

Can you direct me to a more up to date guide on how to install the driver?

(For me the device does not work out of the box when I simply plug it in, as I had hoped when I bought it.)

I am running:

Ubuntu 16.04 64bit version,
uname -r: 4.4.0-78-generic
Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer T2UH Linux Driver Compilation
2017-06-04 19:18:22
I have exactly the same problem. Anybody can help here?
Options
2017-06-06 15:18:11
I recommend returning the device. It is possible to get it to work on Linux but only through untrusted 3rd party drivers.
Options
2017-06-06 15:26:14
I mean for goodness sake, the vendor id of the T4UH is not even a part of the driver supposed to work with it...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 637

Replies: 3

Related Articles