TL WDN4800 Wireless adapter speed issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-06-15 01:52:50
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

I have a WDN4800 adapter in my Windows 10 PC, and I am having problems getting high speeds with it. My speed that I am getting in my home is 150mb/s down and 30mb/s up but i seem to be able to only get around 5-10 mb/s out of this computer. It is a couple of rooms away from the wireless modem, however i have other devices (Xbox One, cell phone, iPad) that are getting upwards of 40-50 mb/s and are in the same range. I have tried turning off all the other devices around and leaving the computer on the network by itself, and have tried on both the 2G and 5G bands.Any suggestions?
Options
7 Reply
Re:TL WDN4800 Wireless adapter speed issues
2017-06-21 09:04:58
Hi!

I also have the same issue here. I'm supposed to have a 30 Mbps Internet and I only get about 10-11 Mbps in download but also the same in upload (on 5G). When I test my connection with my Asus tablet or my Galaxy S5 neo with the 5G, everything is normal and I get my 30 Mbps. I checked a lot of website to see if there is anything that I must set in my router or in Windows but no luck at this point.

I really hope to get some answer.

Specs:

D-Link DIR-819 Wireless Router (Latest Firmware)
MSI Z270-A Pro motherboard
Windows 10 Pro (Up to date)
Options
2017-06-22 09:21:43
Hi,

I also have the same problem. I'm supposed to get a 30 Mbps Internet speed but I only get a 1 to 10 Mbps in download and 10 Mbps in upload. The connection is also unstable; sometimes it drops completely and there is a lot of trouble getting re connected.

My ISP nor my router is the problem since I can test the connection on my Asus Pad or my phone and everything is normal.

My motherboard: MSI Z270-A Pro
Windows 10 - Fresh install and up to date
The driver that is installed is the "Qualcomm Atheros AR938x". It bypass the latest TP-Link driver from the website.

I really hope to get an answer very soon.
Options
2017-06-27 19:41:01
Hi,
you may refer to the instruction here: http://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-709.html
Options
2017-06-28 18:26:06
Hi Shield101,

Actually, my router is supposed to connect up to 433 Mbps. I'm only connected at 150 Mbps. I checked my configuration, have the latest firmware and the latest driver for the TP-Link card (Qualcomm Atheros AR938x 10.0.0.341 from 2016-05-11... Drivers from TP-Link are from 2014). I already checked for the channel on my router and I changed it so that there is no interference. As for the room, I know that my router is in my living room and that the room where my computer is is a bathroom away but it shouldn't really affect that much sin as I mention, on my tablet and on my phone, in the same room, my speed is normal.

I come to the conclusion that the problem is with the wireless card. Is there anything else I could try? (I already change the card once from a D-Link to the actual TP-Link because I had the same problem before and I thought switching the card should resolve the problem).

Thanks
Options
2017-07-06 11:33:20
Hi Mrianick,
Did you try change the Wireless Channel Width on the router to the highest option?
If you have the same issue with two adapters, it's suggested to test the adapter on another computer if possible.
Options
2017-07-06 17:59:48
Hi Shield,

The channel width on the router is actually on auto with the highest setting possible. I believe the problem come on the side of the TP-Link card which is not able to get the signal correctly. I manage to correct the situation by changing the router position in my living room. It is now closer to my office and the problem seems to be resolve at some point. Distance and interference seems to be the problem here but as I said, I think it's not normal that my phone and my tablet had no problem getting maximum speed and no connection issue as for the TP-Link card seems not able to run on his full capacity.

I really hope that TP-Link or Qualcomm will have better drivers so that the card can run with is full potential.

Thanks
Options
2017-07-07 01:43:03
Which version of Windows are you using? Windows 10 had issues with blocking Bluetooth conections, it appears to see and connect to the the vehicle but Windows itself is blocking the connection.That was supposed to be corrected a while ago, check and update Windows.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1375

Replies: 7

Related Articles