tl Wa850re connect ok ntp dns ok not bridging host and extended network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-06-17 19:40:03
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello ..
I have bought tl Wa850re hardware version 4 with new firmware 20170109 58858 (6985/6869)

It connects to my router host wireless network
it gets its ip mas gateway and dns from the dhcp running on a linux server
it connects and sets time correctly
i can access it from my deskttops
it sets the extended network ok
all leds are fine internet status is ok

But clients connect to extended network but receive nothing from the host network
not even the dhcp configure calls.

When i enable the TL dhcp .. extended network clients receive configuration but no traffic gets through to the host network

it seems that there is no communication between the two wireless networks
Spent over 24h ... on this puzzle.
Please help..
Available Solution
Options
9 Reply
Re:tl Wa850re connect ok ntp dns ok not bridging host and extended network
2017-07-06 19:34:16
How did you setup the extender, by WPS button or web interface page?
Is there any advanced settings on your router, like mac filtering or access control?
Options
SOlved
2017-07-07 16:28:07
problem solved
Disabled temporarily the mac access lists on router

i did let it connect
the extender apears with 2 macs
note them down

and then connect your clients
and observe ..
each client connects to router with a mac consisting of first 3 numbers of the tp link mac
and last 3 numbers of its own mac

include them in the accept mac list of router

renable mac access list

and all works ok WITH access list
Options
2017-07-11 14:31:53
great, thanks for sharing!!
Options
2017-11-09 03:54:57
I did not understand the solution.My androids devices are losing connection to the extended network, but they work perfectly on the wifi network of the router.I noticed in the router interface that two IPs were generated for each device logged in the TL-WA850RE (and two MACs as well). Printer, Chromecast, and notebooks working properly. Androids phones get down with connection.How does this setting with single MACs?
I did not understand the solution.My androids devices are losing connection to the extended network, but they work perfectly on the wifi network of the router.I noticed in the router interface that two IPs were generated for each device logged in the TL-WA850RE (and two MACs as well). Printer, Chromecast, and notebooks working properly. Androids phones get down with connection.How does this setting with single MACs?
Options
2017-11-09 16:05:55
Your problem is not caused by the mac address.
Pay attention to the distance when the wireless drops. It is normal to drop from wireless when the signal is weak.
Options
2017-11-10 00:54:57

Shield101 wrote

Your problem is not caused by the mac address.
Pay attention to the distance when the wireless drops. It is normal to drop from wireless when the signal is weak.

The signal is not the problem. I have good internet connection and network, but the androids devices are disconnecting from the extended network. In the DHCP of the router it appears an IP given by the router, of the extended connection trade in the router and a different IP appears, also given by the router, but with different MAC address, realized in the connection with the extended network.
The question is: what configuration should I make so that a device has only one MAC and one IP on the DHCP of the router?
Repeater DHCP is disabled and the extended network is configured with a different SSID as a test, this problem also occurred with the same SSID.

Note: Router Dlink 908.
Options
2017-11-10 09:58:01
The range extenders use Proxy mode to bridge with routers.
In Proxy Mode, Range Extender will replace each of its clients’ MAC address with a virtual MAC address generated automatically by Range Extender. Thus the router will take the virtual MAC address of the clients as their real MAC address. So the two mac addresses showing in the DHCP list are a real mac address and a virtual mac address.
The real mac address is still there because the PC connected directly to the router before and the DHCP list still keeps the history.
Normally a restart of the router will clean the history.
Options
2017-11-11 01:15:48

flying snow wrote

The range extenders use Proxy mode to bridge with routers.
In Proxy Mode, Range Extender will replace each of its clients’ MAC address with a virtual MAC address generated automatically by Range Extender. Thus the router will take the virtual MAC address of the clients as their real MAC address. So the two mac addresses showing in the DHCP list are a real mac address and a virtual mac address.
The real mac address is still there because the PC connected directly to the router before and the DHCP list still keeps the history.
Normally a restart of the router will clean the history.

If so, do you think the router should be configured to give, for example, 3 minutes of IP design, or less?

Thank you for explanation!
Options
2017-11-14 20:13:05
What do you mean 3 minutes of IP design? If your extender is not stable, you can try update the firmware.

Leolima wrote

If so, do you think the router should be configured to give, for example, 3 minutes of IP design, or less?

Thank you for explanation!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1044

Replies: 9