Archer C60 - Parental Control and ARP binding, both are NOT Working.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-06-18 23:00:41
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

C60 is loaded with bugs. Im using AC60 Hardware version [B]V1 with updated firmware 1.0.2 Build 20160811 rel.55127[/B]

Better stay away with this one. Even the primary features is not working.

Parental Control NOT working. Children can still browse anytime.

ARP binding not working too. Using IP and ARP binding, the next time I connect to WIFI it couldn't established a connection just hangs forever on "Obtaining IP address...". Same behavior for the mobile of my children.

Options
10 Reply
Re:Archer C60 - Parental Control and ARP binding, both are NOT Working.
2017-06-26 22:46:32
anyone?
Options
2017-06-27 10:28:26
Your Internet Access Time is incorrect, the Green boxes in Internet Access Time are the time that the rules take affect, it doesn't mean internet access, the Blank boxes mean no restriction at that time. And your Whitelist has no content, no website on Whitelist, that means no internet access. So for your configurations, the devices in "Green" time no internet access, have internet access on "Blank” time. I think you just need to change the time settings, turn "Green" to "Blank", turn "Bliank" to "Green". :D

What do you want to do for ARP binding? The wifi shows you're trying to connect to Dlink? Did you change the wifi name of the C60 to Dlink?
Options
2017-06-27 15:51:11

Anton L.Z. wrote

Your Internet Access Time is incorrect, the Green boxes in Internet Access Time are the time that the rules take affect, it doesn't mean internet access, the Blank boxes mean no restriction at that time. And your Whitelist has no content, no website on Whitelist, that means no internet access. So for your configurations, the devices in "Green" time no internet access, have internet access on "Blank” time. I think you just need to change the time settings, turn "Green" to "Blank", turn "Bliank" to "Green". :D

Ok got that sorted out thanks!

But another bug came out, :D They can't browse but still can use chat app like FB messenger, etc. How do i solve this?

What do you want to do for ARP binding? The wifi shows you're trying to connect to Dlink? Did you change the wifi name of the C60 to Dlink?

Yeah, I just rename my wifi name to Dlink.

Security reason and fixed IP address. When I enabled binding to their MAC address, the next time they connect to C60, it hangs. If I remove the arp binding then they can connect again.
Options
2017-07-01 21:06:29
hello
Options
2017-07-03 11:17:20

lordaine wrote

Ok got that sorted out thanks!

But another bug came out, :D They can't browse but still can use chat app like FB messenger, etc. How do i solve this?

Yeah, I just rename my wifi name to Dlink.

Security reason and fixed IP address. When I enabled binding to their MAC address, the next time they connect to C60, it hangs. If I remove the arp binding then they can connect again.

Hi,
I think due to some mechanism, the parental control can only control the websites, cannot block Apps.

If you want to get fixed IP address, you should setup Address Reservation on Advanced---Network---DHCP Server page.
Options
2017-07-18 01:55:42
To explain better arp binding is only a security measure, to make it harder to spoof ip address it does not guarantee that device will be assigned that ip every time.
You need to setup address reservation for their devices to have tha same ip everytime then connect then the parental controls will work fully. Now this assumes the phones do not have any other data access. ( my phone can use both wifi and 4g at same time so just blocking wifi will not work if cellular data is avail. FYI)
Options
2017-07-18 01:58:52
The hanging can be solved by setting the static ip info on/in the devices under advance settings in wifi. Had that problem with my android phone as well.
Options
2017-07-18 14:15:52
Already done the IP reservation through DHCP before setting up ARP binding. Works well with Samsung devices but not on Asus. I had no problems with previous 300n tplink devices.
Options
2017-07-19 13:01:19
Sorry at a loss at this point.
Options
2017-07-19 14:13:27

nujackk wrote

Sorry at a loss at this point.

Done all the steps you recommended before I started this thread. Thanks and I really appreciate that. I'm just saying that arp binding has no problem on samsung phone but using asus it doesnt connect but hangs. Using a lower model (300n) of tplink, i dont encounter any problems at all. Even chat app is block, no internet at all. I think the way they implemented is different. I can't really say its good because cheaper wifi works better than archer model. :(

[QUOTE= The hanging can be solved by setting the static ip info on/in the devices under advance settings in wifi. Had that problem with my android phone as well.[/QUOTE]

There is no setting for this on c60 wifi.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1163

Replies: 10