Conflict between two 850RE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-06-25 04:33:36
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi guys

I used to have on my setup a router (D-Link 809) with one extender TP Link 850RE. All worked fine and smooth. Then I added one more repeater in it, and all got messy. Both repeaters keep conflicting between each other, and the internet access is gone everytime both are connected. I tried to set manually 2 different IPs for each one and still got conflict. When I plug into the wall the second repeater, I can´t access the internet. When I take it off, all come back to normal.

Any of you had this issue and know how to solve it?

Thanks!
Options
3 Reply
Re:Conflict between two 850RE
2017-06-27 17:50:18
Is the second extender connected to your router to the first extender? You may try setup different wifi names on the two extenders.
Options
2017-06-28 19:39:08
Yeah. I´ve done this and actually the extenders on different SSIDs work fine. But all network with one SSID, there is conflict. I´ve read in another threads that eventually this could be solved changing the channel of each one, but as far as I looked, this model does not have the function to change them.

Any suggestions?
Options
2017-07-04 10:13:30
The extenders have to in the same channel as the router's, that's why they can connect to each other wirelessly. When they are working properly on different SSIDs, you can try access to their setup page, and just change the extenders' SSIDs to the same one, then see what happens.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 613

Replies: 3

Related Articles