No connection after changing IP adress

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-06-25 21:13:48
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

HI there

I have an Archer D20 which I want to set up as a WAP. The only thing I do is to change the IP address from 192.168.1.1 to one in the 192.168.0.xxx range, save and reboot. This makes the router inaccessible and I cannot reconnect. I can reset it using the WPS button at the back and then it is accessible at 192.168.1.1 again.

When doing the change as described above, my PC is connected only to the router with all other connections disabled.

Any advice would be great.

Paul
Options
3 Reply
Re:No connection after changing IP adress
2017-06-27 11:24:40
Make sure no other devices connected to the router wired or wirelessly, only connect your PC to the router by a cable. If you just change the LAN IP address, it should be ok, also make sure the router and your PC's DHCP are enabled.
Options
2017-06-27 13:29:47
Actually I intentionally switched off DHCP which of course left me with incompatible IP domains across the two devices. Changed my PC IP manually which fixed the problem.

Thanks
Paul
Options
2017-07-14 09:58:01
good post
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2561

Replies: 3

Related Articles