TL-WR842ND restarts itself when WiFi is used

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-06-26 17:34:46
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,
I have a TP-Link TL-WR842ND v2 with the latest firmware (3.16.9 Build 150514 Rel.38242n) which was working fine for about a year, but not it started restarting itself when Wifi reaches high speeds.
The restart occurs when the WiFi speeds reach over 75-80mbps. For example, when running a test on speedtest.net, it reaches 80mbps and it crashes and cannot complete the test. Certain times a restart could occur if the overall speeds are around 50mbps, but it is rarely. If the router is used lightly, a restart could occur in a week or two.

I have tested it with many devices and a single connected device. The amount of devices is insignificant. The router is stable when reaching 90mbps over LAN. Typically, I have 6 devices (both wireless and wired) that are running at the same time, but most of them are for light usage.

I have tried factory resetting, going back to an older firmware and disabling uPnP. Nothing has worked.
I have an older TP-Link TL-WR740N which is able to reach 80-90mbps over WiFi multiple times and there are no restarts occurring.

What could be the issue? Is it possible that the router has a defective chip?
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WR842ND restarts itself when WiFi is used
2017-06-27 10:56:23
You'd better to send an Email to TP-Link support to check the issue. http://www.tp-link.com/us/support/contact-technical-support#E-mail-Support
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 467

Replies: 1