Archer D2 - USB HDD killing the 5GHz?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-06-27 18:02:05
Model : Archer D2

Hardware Version : Archer D2 v1 00000002

Firmware Version : 1.4.0 0.8.0 v003e.0 Build 160216 Rel.55536n

ISP : WIND INFOSTRADA (Italian)

So, almost a year ago I bought my TP-LINK Archer D2 on Amazon. Less than a month ago I decided to connect to it an HDD. It's a 40GB HDD, FAT32 formatted, MBR, with two partitions 20GB each.
The router seems to read it good. I was able to put on all my stuff in it, it was discoverable by the explorer, and everything was working fine, until, a few days later, the 5GHz WiFi network wasn't discoverable at all.
I tried to reboot, it didn't work. Went on the control panel of the router, and everything was looking good. USB scanned, 5GHz activated, but still the network wasn't discoverable at all. A couple of hours later it eventually started working normally again.
3-4 days passed, and yet again, 5GHz network broken. So I tried to disconnect the HDD, and it instantly came back! Run some tests on my HDD with my PC, and so far no errors were found, the HDD was looking good, and working properly.

So again, I put on my HDD on the router, this time the 5GHz network was instantly killed. Called the Italian Customer Service, the guy basically controlled my PC remotely with "join.me" and said the my router was defective. Basically the 5GHz network was completely shut down. No errors on the log. No errors found by diagnostic. Nothing at all. And the guy sent me an e-mail certifying that my router wasn't working properly, so I contacted Amazon to have a brand new one.

Brand new one Archer D2, high hopes, first setup, all looking good, put on my HDD, and first random disappearing of 5GHz occurred. Today I came back home, I got my new router from exactly 4 days and 5GHz network wasn't discoverable, disconnected the hard drive and... Here it is, the 5GHz is back again!

So it is pretty clear to me that Archer D2 has this strange bug, affecting USB and 5GHz, but the interesting thing is that is random, because firstly it seems to work just fine, but then it completely breaks, and usually it takes 3-4 days for the bug to occur.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer D2 - USB HDD killing the 5GHz?
2017-07-13 17:52:01
change the channel width of 5ghz to 40mhz for a try.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 439

Replies: 1

Related Articles