Visable in Deco App : 3 networks with each 1 AP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-06-28 04:07:38
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

I have 3 Deco M5 AP's, all of them connected via an UTP cable to my internetrouter.
After configuring the first AP (wired) I configured the other two AP's wirelessly. At that point the Deco app on the smartphone showed one wifi network with 3 AP's.

Then I moved the last two AP's to the first and second floor and connected them with an UTP cable. In the Deco App are now 3 wifi networks visable with each 1 AP.
Is there a way to get one wifi network with 3 AP's (wired) in the Deco App ?

Thank you,
Kind regards,

Marc
Options
5 Reply
Re:Visable in Deco App : 3 networks with each 1 AP
2017-06-28 17:58:53
Currently Deco doesn't add AP mode yet. So you cannot use them as three pure access points.

The typical topology for Deco is that, use the primary Deco as a wireless router, and add the other two Deco units to the LAN port of the primary Deco. Since the primary Deco has only 1 LAN port left (the other one works as a WAN port), we can connect a switch to extend its Ethernet ports.
Below are two typical topology for Deco M5:

Note: The firmware which adds AP mode will arrive in July. At that time, you can set up three Deco units in AP mode as you want.
Options
2017-06-29 01:26:50
thx for your answer. I'll wait for the new firmware. The deco m5 is already a great product, With the coming AP mode functionality even beter! Kind regards,Marc
Options
2017-06-29 08:03:37

TP-Link Deco wrote

Note: The firmware which adds AP mode will arrive in July. At that time, you can set up three Deco units in AP mode as you want.

Any idea whether this will be the beginning or the end of July?
Options
2017-06-29 11:42:49

eh801 wrote

Any idea whether this will be the beginning or the end of July?

All I know is that the firmware has been completed and now under test. Not sure exactly on which date it will release.
Options
Please hurry!
2017-07-07 22:13:19
Ah that explains my issues with trying to setup ethernet backhaul. Saw this post too late.
Please release the firmware ASAP. I would even accept a beta version as currently the whole product suite is useless to me without this option (And I know for sure not the only one, I know some people who actually are holding off their purchase because of this (too bad I noticed too late))
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1679

Replies: 5

Related Articles