OnePlus 5 kills 5GHz wifi on Archer C7

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-07-04 17:04:04
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Whenever I use my new OnePlus 5 phone with WiFi and it attaches itself to 5GHz, the WiFi will stop work. No SSID broadcasts is being sent and it is perceived as 'down' by other clients. 2.4GHz continues to work normally as do the rest of the router.

I have never seen this problem before bringing the phone home. If I disable WiFi on the phone there is no problem. Last night I added the MAC address of the phone to the MAC filtering for 5GHz so it is never allowed there, this has so far worked fine.

I have tried the lastest beta-firmware which was supposed to fix a similar problem for other chipsets, but it does not fix the problem for me.

I have generally have three clients running on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz. The SSID is the same for both, so some clients are registered on both modes. I can tell that 5GHz goes down since one of the client is only using the 802.11ac connection.

I will also send a mail to support with this information, I just wanted to put it in the forums so other people who have the same problem as mine can find it when searching for it. And also to provide a workaround (mac-filtering) until it has been solved by TP-link.

More information:

Firmware Version: 3.15.1 Build 170117 Rel.62733n
Hardware Version: Archer C7 v2 00000000
Options
6 Reply
Re:OnePlus 5 kills 5GHz wifi on Archer C7
2017-07-04 21:47:08
Hello, this is new, a phone ? kill the WiFi, i heard about laptops kill Wi-Fi but never a smartphone. Have you tried in 5 Ghz to let a Channel, or only Auto, also try Ony A or N. Also have you contact the oneplus guys? Good luck.
Options
2017-07-06 16:27:07
Hey, sorry for double post, but there's a new software for your oneplus 5, that include Wi-Fi bugfix.
Options
2017-07-07 15:53:48
Hi, thank you for the information, so update the firmware of the phone solved the issue?
Options
2017-07-07 20:18:43
Hi, vieldcs the update says that bugfix for Wi-Fi.I don't have Oneplus 5!
Options
2017-07-10 16:24:47

humming wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Whenever I use my new OnePlus 5 phone with WiFi and it attaches itself to 5GHz, the WiFi will stop work. No SSID broadcasts is being sent and it is perceived as 'down' by other clients. 2.4GHz continues to work normally as do the rest of the router.

I have never seen this problem before bringing the phone home. If I disable WiFi on the phone there is no problem. Last night I added the MAC address of the phone to the MAC filtering for 5GHz so it is never allowed there, this has so far worked fine.

I have tried the lastest beta-firmware which was supposed to fix a similar problem for other chipsets, but it does not fix the problem for me.

I have generally have three clients running on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz. The SSID is the same for both, so some clients are registered on both modes. I can tell that 5GHz goes down since one of the client is only using the 802.11ac connection.

I will also send a mail to support with this information, I just wanted to put it in the forums so other people who have the same problem as mine can find it when searching for it. And also to provide a workaround (mac-filtering) until it has been solved by TP-link.

More information:

Firmware Version: 3.15.1 Build 170117 Rel.62733n
Hardware Version: Archer C7 v2 00000000

It seems that your version is already the beta firmware,and could you please use the same SSID on 2.4G and 5G?And if you don't use your phone,did you have this problem?
Options
2017-07-11 20:03:10
I came back from vacation two days ago and have received two new firmwares from OnePlus since I last tested using my phone on 5GHz.

The problem is now gone however. Not sure which of the two firmwares fixed the problem (both had patchnotes which stated WiFi fixes) but I have not had any problems with 5GHz for these last two days.

(Yes, I removed the MAC-blocking on 5GHz. ;) )

So, everything is fine for now. I hope that whatever fix OnePlus did was permanent so this does not pop up again.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1019

Replies: 6

Related Articles