1. How to set up Deco? Watch video
Make sure your Android or iOS device has access to the internet through cellular data or Wi-Fi, then follow these steps:
1) Download the Deco App from the App Store or Google Play.
2) Sign up for a TP-Link ID (email) in the Deco App.
3) Follow the instructions in the App to set up your primary Deco unit.
4) Continue following the instructions to add additional Deco units to your network.
5) Connect your wireless devices to your Deco network and enjoy it!
2. Does Deco support Access Point mode?
The latest firmware for Deco has supported Access Point mode. Please update your Deco and enjoy this feature.
The main Deco (first one setup) will work in Router mode by default after setup, you can switch the working mode into Access Point mode as need. The other two Deco units will extend the Deco network from the main unit, via both wireless or wired connection (Ethernet Backhaul).
How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode?
Note: In AP mode, any router features will be non-configurable (including Parental Controls, Antivirus, Port Forwarding, Address Reservation, and QoS, etc), as all the IP addresses are assigned and controlled by the root router (not Deco).
3. Can I change the IP range of Deco? Can I change it to another subnet?
The default LAN IP of the main Deco unit is 192.168.0.1, and the default DHCP range is 192.168.0.100-192.168.0.199.
Deco will detect the IP conflict with the front-end modem or router. For example, if the front-end router has the LAN IP address of 192.168.0.1, then Deco will change its own IP range to 192.168.1.x.
Currently Deco M5/P7/M9 Plus has the option to change the LAN IP settings. For other Deco models, this feature will come soon in future updates.
4. How many devices can be connected to a Deco network?
The number of client devices that can be connected at once depends on the type of devices connected and the usage mix of those devices.
The Deco system supports to connect over 100 devices in homes with a mix of IoT products, smart TVs, smartphones, tablets and peripherals, such as wireless printers.
5. What can I do if I forget my password?
If you forget your Wi-Fi password
Launch the Deco app, tap "More" in the bottom right corner, then tap the "Wi-Fi" option. Then you will be able to view or change the current Wi-Fi password.
If you forget your login password of Deco app
Launch the Deco app, on the login page, tap "forget password". Then follow the instruction in the Deco app to reset your login password.
Please find more FAQs on the TP-Link official website: