Archer C58 Parental Control Internet Access time not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-07-11 19:02:55
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have just started to configure a brand new C58 wifi router and need to limited internet access for specific machines to certain times of the day using their MAC addresses. I have followed the instructions on http://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-1124.html and the time allocations do not appear to be working. Specified Internet Access times just appear to be ignored. A similar set up on my old "green menu" tp-link router worked without any issue using Access Control & MAC addresses. Other users have also reported similar issues.

Can someone confirm the exact process to meet the following requirement for specific machines?

- Allow all internet and network access at specified times e.g. 6:00am - 11:00am, 3:00pm - 6:00pm & 8:00pm - 11:00pm
- Stop all internet & network access outside of specified times

The router has been updated with the latest firmware 1.0.1 Build 20160803 rel.38503
The current time on the router is also correctly set.
Have accurate MAC addresses

This issues needs to be resolved otherwise the router is not fit for purpose.

Please let me know if any more information is required.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C58 Parental Control Internet Access time not working
2017-07-13 17:05:30
you can try this, add all devices to parental list and setup internet access time outside of 6:00am - 11:00am, 3:00pm - 6:00pm & 8:00pm - 11:00pm, then choose while list but leave keyword empty.
The internet access time means the rule take effect and it doesn't mean the time to access internet.
so white time and empty while list means -internet
green time and empty while list means-no internet
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 664

Replies: 1

Related Articles