Save statistics from TL-WR1043ND v4 router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-07-12 20:37:12
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I just bought TL-WR1043ND v4 router and I'm wondering if there is any way to maybe save statistics.
Every time when I turn off my router and turn it back on, statistics will go back on 0. Now it makes me wonder, if there is any way to save that statistics, so it never gets deleted (well unless I do factory reset).
Is the statistics reseting because there isn't enough space on router "SD card"?

Is it maybe possible to save that statistics on usb?

So router would be updating value every 60sec and writing it on USB. After restart it would read that file and load that statistics.

I hope you guys understand what I'm trying to do here ....

I just want to monitor how much data does each device use per day/week/month/year, but router sadly can't be 24/7 on due storms outside sometimes and even unexpected power loss few times a year.

Hopefully there is some way to acchive what I'm trying to do, or maybe TP-Link developers could add feature like that to next firmware update. I belive it's not that hard for them to do something like that.
And how much data can that statistic even take? 10kb at max if I'm using a lot of devices. firmware is around 5MB size, so there should be enough space left for something like that. If now, it's always possible to write it on USB in plain text format. At least I think so ...

Anyway ... all feedbacks are most welcome :)
Options
1 Reply
Re:Save statistics from TL-WR1043ND v4 router
2017-07-13 14:25:07
i think the memory is not large enough to save the statistics so once router reboot it, it will clear that in order to make room for normal running.
Maybe there is kind of software can do that? you can google it for a try.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 521

Replies: 1

Related Articles