Annoying problems with TL-WN727N version 4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-07-18 19:39:54
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Problems began to arise since the day i got it for the first time.
At home, i have pretty good Wi-Fi (about 5-6 MB/s), a laptop and a PC at the second floor.
My PC doesn't have an inbuilt wi-fi adapter so i had to go find one.
After i plugged it in and installed the drivers and the utility, i realized that i get about 100-200 kbs/s by either plugging it in straight into the computer or by using the stock usb extension cable that came bundled with the adapter.
I tried reinstalling the drivers and the utility but it was all in vain.
To top it, the adapter kept timing out and i was forced to constantly reconnect myself to the internet to be able to use it.
After a while,i gave up and decided to buy myself an internet modem from an ISP that was also a mobile operator.
5 weeks went by and i decided to try my luck again with the adapter.
I plugged it in and surprisingly, i was getting amazing speed.
The next day however, it stopped going over 4 MB and went back to 100 kbs.
I even bought extra USB Extension cables which kinda helped (the speed now is about 250-300 kbs/s) but i still have to deal with the constant time-outs.
I tried the adapter on the laptop and it worked perfectly fine.
So i got this question: is my adapter broken or is my PC not using the adapter properly?
Options
1 Reply
Re:Annoying problems with TL-WN727N version 4
2017-07-19 15:44:58
have you tried another usb ports on the PC? and at the same location, does laptop get good speed? also any anti-virus on the PC is blocking the adapter to work well?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 448

Replies: 1

Related Articles