Deco handover functionality

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-07-19 14:47:10
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Yesterday I installed my Deco M5 system at home and I was wondering how the handover between the different stations works.
I have the impression that when walking around, my device stays connected to the first deco node, while that one is a lot further away than the second one.
The connection speed drops. Only when I turn off WiFi on my device and turn it on again, I get high connection speeds again, so I assume in this case it connected to the closer station.
I bought the Deco system just to avoid having to do this.
I would like to know how the handover is triggered (and if this could be changed), and if there is a possibility to see which devices are connected through which station
Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco handover functionality
2017-08-08 18:02:04
Does your device support 802.11K&V? 802.11K&V can help device to achieve seamless roaming.
If your device doesn't support 802.11K&V, the device may disconnect from the wifi when the signal is very weak and reconnect to the stronger one.
Only some premium phones can support 802.11K&V.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 908

Replies: 1

Related Articles