weak signal Archer C5400

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

weak signal Archer C5400

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
weak signal Archer C5400
weak signal Archer C5400
2017-07-19 20:29:00
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I had to replace my old reliable buffalo router and thought the Archer c5400 would be the best solution for what I was looking for including tri band and great coverage.
So far, I'm happy with the router and all the features I was looking for except for the signal strength.
Yes, the house is medium size and there are wall but the signal strength is similar to was getting with my old router.
Downstairs near the router, I get great signal but not upstairs far away from the router. 2.4 GHZ get about 2 bars and the 5 GHZ get abut one bar.
The router can't be placed anywhere else except for the location where the cable modem is located and I can't run cables t upstairs (long story).

Anything else can be done to have a better signal and coverage? or do I need to get Wifi extenders? but even with these, I don't have anyway to have a hard wired connection upstairs and using an extender with wifi connection might not get a strong signal.

Any hints is much appreciated.

Cheers
Options
3 Reply
Re:weak signal Archer C5400
2017-07-20 10:06:25
see here, http://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-468.html
if no luck, you can look for powerline adapters.
One goes to router and the other Wi-Fi one upstairs to send signal. Make sure they are in the same power circuit.
http://www.tp-link.com/us/home-networking/network-extenders/powerline
Options
Re:weak signal Archer C5400
2017-07-21 06:52:38
Thanks.

Tried the suggestion above but did not work. I guess I will need to find an signal extender or powerline adapter.
Options
Re:Re:weak signal Archer C5400
2018-12-29 17:58:00
But they said that this router C5400 has very very good range in both 2.4 and 5Ghz ? Is it true that this is not correct ?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1154

Replies: 3

Related Articles