USB-adapter settings slow wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-07-26 23:21:25
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi there,

I recently bought the usb wifi adapter and succesfully installed it. However, the signal was just fine for a couple of weeks, but now my connection keeps buffering.
For eg. when i'm watching youtube, it keeps buffering.

Can you please tell me what adapter-settings i must fill in to achieve faster result? Also, i used the SG TCP optimizer. What are the recommended settings for this program, and using the usb adapter at the same time.

Thank you in advance.

File:
131414141.jpgDownload
Options
5 Reply
Re:USB-adapter settings slow wifi
2017-07-28 17:27:01
You need to find out the problem is on the router or the adapter first, check if you have the same issue on other wireless devices in the same location as the computer.
Also you can re-install the driver or change the wireless Channel and Channel Width on your router.
BTW, what's the model of the adapter? What's the operating system of your computer?
Options
2017-07-28 19:12:11
I have sorted it out, thank you. However i did find out that my 5ghz wifi is much faster. So is it possible to connect the adapter to the 5ghz wifi network? I can't find the network in the configutator program.

thank you.
Options
2017-08-01 14:13:43
What's the model number of the adapter? If the wireless adapter don't support 5G, you won't find it with the adapter.
Options
2017-08-03 17:29:35
Hi, it's the TL-WN823N adapter. The box says it supports both 2,4 and 5 so i don't know
Options
2017-08-04 09:49:21
The TL-WN823N only support 2.4G. You can check in its spec, on the Frequency part: http://uk.tp-link.com/products/details/cat-11_TL-WN823N.html#specifications
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 10494

Replies: 5

Related Articles