AV500 WiFi P.E. (TL-WPA4220), problems with the conection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-07-28 07:05:21
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello everyone,
I use the internet very usually, so I need a good conection. But my house is to big for only a router. For this reason I bought de Powerline Extender AV500.
In the first days, I had a good internet and conection without any problems. But nowadays, my P.E. stops working sometimes. It only happens when I'm not using the internet very much. For this reason I think that the problem is a consequence of a bad "Sleep mode" configuration.
I don't know how to solve that problem or if the "Sleep mode" is the reason. If anyone can help me, I will be grateful.

Waiting for anyone can solve my probelm

eloiaro5
Options
4 Reply
Re:AV500 WiFi P.E. (TL-WPA4220), problems with the conection
2017-07-28 16:19:52
The wireless extender doesn't have "sleep mode", are your devices connected to it by cable or wifi? When you lose the connection, what about the lights on the two powerline units? You can try different wall sockets, and check the environment. http://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-882.html
Options
2017-08-08 15:59:50
Hello all,
I just join this forum.
I have a pair of wpa4220 and will ask to ne-body here about my questions:
1. Why does tplink prohibit that unit connected to power strip ?
2. My units working well by cable and i want to deactive wifi beaming signal, Can I ?
3. What is meaning of pass through and what kinda powerline adaptor model is not using pass through system ?

Thanks. =)
Options
2017-08-08 17:02:32

zovojo wrote

Hello all,
I just join this forum.
I have a pair of wpa4220 and will ask to ne-body here about my questions:
1. Why does tplink prohibit that unit connected to power strip ?
2. My units working well by cable and i want to deactive wifi beaming signal, Can I ?
3. What is meaning of pass through and what kinda powerline adaptor model is not using pass through system ?

Thanks. =)

1. Some power strip may contains surge protector and will affect/stop the communications between adapters.
2.There is a wifi button.Press it 5 seconds to disable the wifi function. The wifi button is also the wifi light.
3. Powerline adapters normally too big and will cover another power socket. Pass through provide another available power socket for other devices. If you see no power socket on an adapter, that is non pass through adapter.
Options
2017-08-09 12:50:34
Ok, thanks @vieldcs, i will try soon...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 589

Replies: 4